The Technician, Pharmacy works as a Care Team member to ensure safe and timely access to medications by processing prior authorizations and requested refills for patients. The tasks are completed within the scope of a licensed pharmacy technician and as otherwise approved by Heartland Health Centers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Is a member of a Care Team; ensures safe and timely access to medications.
- Facilitates completion of medication refill requests and prior authorization in collaboration with contracted 340B pharmacies, community pharmacies, Care Teams, patients and specified outside entities.
- Communicates with providers on covered alternatives, as appropriate.
- Ensures proper documentation according to HHC standards for ongoing and closure of medication authorizations, refill requests and other appropriate communications.
- Completion of an American Society of Health-System Pharmacists-approved pharmacy technician vocational course required.
- Current, valid State of Illinois Pharmacy Technician license required.
- One or more years of pharmacy experience in a hospital or retail pharmacy setting.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Ability to use electronic medical records systems.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work independently and as part of team.
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to build respectful and trustful relationships with people from different backgrounds and lived experiences.
- Bilingual and/or bicultural highly preferred.
- Excellent written & interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate using clear language.
- Compassionate, empathetic, proactive, resourceful, and amiable.
Heartland Health Centers