Director of Finance
- Posted: 3 days ago
- $90,000 to $130,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Heartland Footwear is a fast-growing South Bend, IN based company that protects people by making better boots. As a leading USA boot maker, Heartland operates 6 high volume injection molding process manufacturing lines in our South Bend facility. The ideal financial and administration leader will demonstrate the following values: Hard work / Passion to succeed; Honesty & integrity in all things; and Fostering a culture that puts team first, and respects our people, customers and suppliers.
This position will be responsible for accounting, finance, IT, HR and benefits administration; banking and treasury functions as well as budget preparation and variance review, capital projects, periodic management meetings, and leading important systems implementation and improvement projects. This position will be a member of our management leadership team reporting to the Company’s CEO.
· Understanding of computer software applications including financial and ERP/MRP solutions
· Strong ability to work with technology
· Able to function as a member of a team and work under general supervision.
· Able to maintain expected quality levels.
· Comply with all site required policies and procedures
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Job responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Providing leadership, direction and management of the finance and accounting team
· Monitor and project cash flow
· Work as a company liaison with banks, insurance agents, IT consultants and outside auditors
· Maintain supplier credit relationships
· Review and approve purchase orders for raw materials, factory, lab, and office supplies
· Oversee periodic physical inventories of raw materials and finished goods
· Oversee the day-to-day accounting procedures
· Plan, monitor, and maintain internal controls
· Develop ad hoc financial reports as required
· Review accounting transactions and month end reconciliations and make any corrections and adjustments necessary for period end closings
· Review consolidated financial statements and prepare write-ups to publish to the bank
· File and maintain appropriate regulatory documents for all corporate entities
· Maintain company records relating to legal, insurance, banking, and financial matters
· Work with other management team members in strategic planning for all corporate entities
· Perform other various duties as required
· BSc/BA in accounting, finance or relevant field is required
· Professional certification (e.g. CPA) is a plus
Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to observe high levels of confidentiality
· Proven experience as a Controller or similar position
· Solid knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and regulations
· Strong knowledge of accounting and financial processes (budgeting, financial closure, reporting etc.)
· Working knowledge of MS Office (especially excel) and accounting software
· Well-organized with the ability to prioritize
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Attention to detail and ability to problem-solve
This position requires a minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience preferably in a manufacturing environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employee is required to execute the following:
· Occasional bending, reaching, pushing and pulling when retrieving and moving various items
· Lifting intermittently of various items. Typically, assistance would be provided for weights exceeding 35 pounds
· Good manual dexterity to operate computer equipment and precision measuring instruments
· Oral communication via telephone or in person while interacting with customers, suppliers, or other employees
· Position may require more than eight hours daily and more than five days weekly to complete work assignments
· Sitting in chairs (swivel, padded, and adjustable)
· Squatting / crouching when retrieving stored items from lower shelves and file cabinets, making equipment / product inspections, etc.
· Standing intermittently
· Visual monitoring of computer screens
· Desktop computer
· Standard office equipment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The duties of this position are performed throughout the entire floor space of the company. Duties are performed primarily in an office setting but are occasionally performed in manufacturing areas where compliance with applicable safety rules is required. The noise level is light to moderate. During periods of travel, duties could be performed in conference centers, restaurants, places of public accommodation, modes of travel, etc.
This position supervises the finance and accounting team of 2 professionals.
· Expected to assist in the implementation of safety and policy statements as needed
· Comply with all department and facility safety regulations.
· Wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE).
· Report all job-related illness and injuries (per the Employee Guidebook).
· Report all safety, health and environmental concerns to your supervisor in a timely manner.
· Attend safety training as required.
Accounting: 8 year (Preferred)
One location South side of South Bend, IN
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- South Bend, IN 46614: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Accounting: 5 years (Preferred)
- CPA (Preferred)
Heartland Footwear Inc.
701 W. Chippewa Ave #100South Bend, IN
Finance and Insurance
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?