- Posted: over a month ago
Heartland Credit Union is looking for an Accounting Manager to lead short- and long-term planning, organizing, and directing all aspects of HCU's accounting functions, including general ledger, accounts payable and receivable, fixed asset, cost accounting, and ACH/Draft processing.
Heartland Credit Union is a member-owned financial cooperative serving over 30,000 member/customers. We've been proudly serving our member/customers since 1948. HCU has many locations in Kansas including Wichita, Hutchinson, Newton and Haven. Learn more about Heartland Credit Union by going to www.hcu.coop.
Office hours, Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Support Center, 4000 N Monroe in Hutchinson, KS.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following activities:
- Assists Senior Management in developing and implementing short- and long-term objectives, goals, and strategies. Provides input for budgeting. Conducts research and provides suggestions and recommendations.
- Responsible for short- and long-term planning, organizing, and directing all aspects of HCU's accounting functions, including general ledger, accounts payable and receivable, fixed asset, cost accounting, and ACH/Draft processing.
- Ensures accounting functions and duties are accurately and promptly completed and in accordance with established procedures and applicable regulations.
- Oversees the preparation of regulatory and governmental reports. Reviews financial information needed to ensure an accurate statement of the HCU's financial position to various regulatory agencies.
- Oversees HCU's fixed asset portfolio. Prepares depreciation schedules and catalogs furniture, fixtures, and equipment.
- Researches and resolves accounting errors and discrepancies.
- Assists with budget preparations and financial analyses. Monitors costs and expenses.
- Prepares periodic reports, reviews and reconciles data, and participates in the development of specialized financial data.
- Oversees and prepares entries and adjustments to HCU records, files, and statements. Assists with financial and variance analyses and budget preparation. Provides managers with information necessary for decision-making.
- Collaborates with and assists HCU departments and staff.
- Provides leadership to accounting staff through hiring, training, coaching and development.
- Performs all other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Completes required reports and related documents promptly and accurately. Ensures reports are made and submitted according to established regulations and deadlines.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training as required.
- Ensures changes in legal requirements and government regulations are integrated into current practices.
- Stays informed regarding changes in accounting practices and trends.
- Pro-actively supports and advances HCU's brand and culture.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or equivalent experience
- CPA preferred but not required
- Five or more years of accounting experience
- Supervisory experience strongly preferred
- Well organized and attentive to detail
- Able to meet deadlines and manager multiple projects
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and supervisory skills.
- Willingness to assist other
- Able to operate related computer applications and PC.
- Proficient in MS Office including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Flexible and open to change
Sedentary work; sitting most of the time. May exert up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally.
This is a job summary, see full job description.
Check out a full list of our benefits on our Career Page via www.hcu.coop.
To apply from our career site, go to Apply Now. If you are viewing from an outside posting board, go to www.hcu.coop then find "Careers". You must create an account to apply and upload a resume. All inquiries are completely confidential.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer
Heartland Credit Union an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Heartland provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Heartland hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. This practice applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, hiring, training and education, promotion, termination, compensation and all conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Heartland Credit Union (Kansas)
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Heartland Credit Union (Kansas)