Heartland Consulting: Statistician
Location: Washington, D.C.
Client: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Rural Development
Clearance: Active Public Trust or higher clearance REQUIRED
The USDA is currently seeking contractor support to provide financial and business support services which includes but is not limited to Budgeting, Credit Modeling, Data Analytics Compliance, and Training. USDA Rural Development’s mission is to help improve the economy and quality of life in rural America. Rural Development programs help rural Americans in many ways which include:
- Offering, loans, grants and loan guarantees to support essential services such as rural housing, small business, economic development, energy, job creation, education, health care, first responder public safety services and equipment, community infrastructure, and water, electric and telecommunications/broadband infrastructure.
- Promoting development by supporting and guaranteeing loans to businesses through banks, credit unions and community-managed lending pools. We offer technical assistance and information to help agricultural producers and cooperatives get started and improve the effectiveness of their operations.
- Providing technical assistance to help communities develop and undertake community empowerment programs. We help rural residents buy or rent safe, affordable housing and make health and safety repairs to their homes.
Rural Development’s Office of the CFO, Program areas such as Rural Utilities Services, Rural Housing Services, Rural Business Cooperative Services, and the IC is looking to significantly transform its current financial and business model to exploit technologies and become more flexible, responsive, scalable, reliable, secure, and affordable. Enabling Rural Development to be more effective at the community level and aligned with the execution of its mission, vision, and strategic objectives.
- Carries out specific statistical analytical steps and other implementations, including data collection and computer programming.
- Responsible for performing work of a moderately complex nature under the direction of senior staff.
- Communicates results verbally and in writing. Performs varied tasks with moderate supervision.
- Fully adjudicated public trust/clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3 years or more of related work experience.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
*Position Contingent Upon Contract Award
Heartland Consulting is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of individuals with disabilities and veterans. We are proud to state that we do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin or disability status. We E-Verify all employees.
A certified Native American-owned SBA certified 8(a) and Veteran-Owned Small Business located in McLean, VA, we are dedicated to providing employment opportunities to our Nation’s veterans.
Heartland ConsultingFounded in 2009 by a Marine Corps Veteran, Heartland is fully committed to its vision–to “Create Value for America.” We are working to realize this vision by combining our deep understanding of Federal agency operations, demands, and requirements with the management consulting, information technology, financial management and business services experience our clients need to be successful. We are passionate about making government and commercial agencies more successful at fulfilling their mission and serving their stakeholders. We make your mission ours. Heartland works with clients to maximize efficiencies through innovation, to execute the program based on the highest professional standards and to drive towards success meeting expectations for higher efficiency of operations. Our consulting services are a superb complement to the government’s core mission of efficiency, economy, and security allowing us to serve across a wide range of agencies. A certified Native American-owned SBA certified 8(a) and Veteran-Owned Small Business located in McLean, VA, we are dedicated to providing employment opportunities to our Nation’s veterans.