General Clerk II USDA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This position will provide support for the following services, not all-inclusive:
- Assisting the District Conservationist and other staff with activities that support NRCS financial assistance programs through the Farm Bill, and other items as determined necessary throughout the course of the award.
- Examining Farm Bill contract files to confirm that each document is complete, and updating where information is lacking, as well entering contract data and electronic copies of documents into agency-specific software programs, such as Document Management System (DMS) through a variety of methods including data entry and scanning. Files will be organized according to NRCS policy.
- Updating agreement and other files, as well as maintaining documents in case files and agency-specific electronic files.
- Assisting with documents and correspondence related to contract administration, including contract implementation, status reviews, contract modifications, and potential cancellations or terminations.
- Assisting with gathering documents related to data calls and financial and programmatic audits.
- Preparing reports based on requests for statistical or informative material regarding NRCS programs, obtaining information from tracking software, files, and thorough knowledge of technical staff.
- Assisting various service centers within the designated area, as necessary.
The NRCS is committed to “helping people help the land” – our mission is to provide America’s farmers and ranchers with financial and technical assistance to voluntarily put conservation on the ground, not only helping the environment but agricultural operations, too. Virginia NRCS is in the process of implementing several business-process changes due to national and state policy updates and administrative and programmatic support is needed.
For more information regarding the agency and its programs visit http://www.nrcs.usda.gov/.
- U.S. Citizen; ability to pass a government background investigation
- possess a valid state-issued driver’s license
- Knowledgeable and experienced in utilizing a variety of computer hardware auxiliary equipment.
- Proficient in software applications, such as Microsoft Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Adobe Acrobat Professional.
- Ability to learn and utilize agency-specific software and web-based applications.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in operating office machines, copy/scanners, and binders.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in general office procedures, such as preparing reports, spreadsheets, and filing.
- Skillful in working with the general public.
- Capable of working independently.
- Possess basic telephone and communication skills.
- Travel to NRCS offices within the local commuting area may be required on occasion.
Heartland Consulting is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of individuals with disabilities and veterans. We are proud to state that we do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin or disability status. We E-Verify all employees.
A certified Native American-owned SBA certified 8(a) and Veteran-Owned Small Business located in McLean, VA, we are dedicated to providing employment opportunities to our Nation’s veterans.
Founded in 2009 by a Marine Corps Veteran, Heartland is fully committed to its vision–to “Create Value for America.” We are working to realize this vision by combining our deep understanding of Federal agency operations, demands, and requirements with the management consulting, information technology, financial management and business services experience our clients need to be successful. We are passionate about making government and commercial agencies more successful at fulfilling their mission and serving their stakeholders. We make your mission ours. Heartland works with clients to maximize efficiencies through innovation, to execute the program based on the highest professional standards and to drive towards success meeting expectations for higher efficiency of operations. Our consulting services are a superb complement to the government’s core mission of efficiency, economy, and security allowing us to serve across a wide range of agencies. A certified Native American-owned SBA certified 8(a) and Veteran-Owned Small Business located in McLean, VA, we are dedicated to providing employment opportunities to our Nation’s veterans.
203 Wimbledon LaneSmithfield, VA