Senior Level Clerical and Administrative Support
Location: Andrews Air Force Base, MD
Client: Headquarters Air Force - Deputy under Secretary of the Air Force, Management and Deputy Chief Management Office
Clearance: Secret Clearance Required
The contractor will support the Headquarters Air Force (HAF) Mission Directive, the Secretary of the Air Force, other Secretariat offices, and the Chief of Staff as the principal scientific advisor for the Department of the Air Force.
The contractor shall provide specialized secretariat and administrative support to perform a full range of support functions to support an organization’s leadership. Interaction with AF general officers (or equivalent) and industry executives regarding contracting matters will occur. As such, the contractor shall be familiar with military customs and courtesies, have strong oral and written communication skills, and have an understanding of the government process.
- Prepare and develop correspondence, reports, memorandums, presentations, and other forms of communication for distribution across various organizations as directed.
- Review correspondence for signatures from members of assigned staff, the supervisor, or other senior managers for proper format; Review conformance with procedural instructions, grammar, typographical errors, accuracy, and necessary attachments. Properly monitor and track correspondence as required in approved databases to ensure that all assigned suspense requirements are met. Distribute correspondence to all individuals in accordance with approved guidelines and processes.
- Plan, coordinate, and organize events (on site and off site) for assigned Federal staff. Responsible for securing facilities, submitting presentations as required by supported staff within the prescribed time frame. Secure necessary equipment (projector, computer, etc.) to conduct briefing. Operate equipment (projector, computer, etc.) as required. Take attendance at meetings as necessary. Distribute meeting minutes as necessary.
- Monitor a broad range of communications in order to make scheduling determinations and recommendations to assigned Federal staff. Maintain daily schedule of assigned Federal staff.Have a thorough understanding of the mission, objectives, and organizational structure (on and off-site; Federal and contractor) of the office to which assigned, in order to better interface and facilitate communications with others.
- Communicate and interface with Government and contractor executives (to include their assigned staff) to facilitate activities as assigned.
- Participate in document meetings, conferences, etc.
- Maintain assigned files and record systems in accordance to the approved guidelines.
- Schedule and maintain a calendar of assigned meeting space within the organization.
- Order and maintain approved inventory of standard office supplies for assigned staff utilizing approved process and procedures.
- Assist Federal staff with the completion of time and attendance submissions and maintain records as required.
- Assist the assigned staff with official travel requirements.
- Receive telephone calls and visitors. Direct call or visitor to requested Federal staff; redirect caller or visitor to appropriate staff as may be required.
- Complete routine duplication of documents utilizing provided duplication equipment not to exceed 15,000 printed pages.
- Additional duties may include security manager roles and responsibilities.
- Active Secret Clearance
- Associate's degree in business, office administration, or related field
- 3 years of experience supporting DoD Headquarters or Federal Headquarters level staff and performing the tasks listed above
- U.S. citizen; clearance or completed government background investigation preferred
Heartland Consulting is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of individuals with disabilities and veterans. We are proud to state that we do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin or disability status. We E-Verify all employees.
A certified Native American-owned SBA certified 8(a) and Veteran-Owned Small Business located in McLean, VA, we are dedicated to providing employment opportunities to our Nation’s veterans.
Heartland ConsultingFounded in 2009 by a Marine Corps Veteran, Heartland is fully committed to its vision–to “Create Value for America.” We are working to realize this vision by combining our deep understanding of Federal agency operations, demands, and requirements with the management consulting, information technology, financial management and business services experience our clients need to be successful. We are passionate about making government and commercial agencies more successful at fulfilling their mission and serving their stakeholders. We make your mission ours. Heartland works with clients to maximize efficiencies through innovation, to execute the program based on the highest professional standards and to drive towards success meeting expectations for higher efficiency of operations. Our consulting services are a superb complement to the government’s core mission of efficiency, economy, and security allowing us to serve across a wide range of agencies. A certified Native American-owned SBA certified 8(a) and Veteran-Owned Small Business located in McLean, VA, we are dedicated to providing employment opportunities to our Nation’s veterans.