Junior Analyst - Continuity of Operations (COOP)
Location: Washington, DC
Contract Start Date: Sept 2, 2019
Clearance Requirement: Must be able to pass a government background investigation. Active clearance preferred.
Heartland Consulting is seeking a COOP Analyst to join our team to support a federal agency's COOP planning and Training and Exercise program. In this role, the COOP Analyst will work as part of a consulting team to support the government and contract team in executing client requirements. It is anticipated that the majority of the work will be performed at the federal client site in Washington, DC.
• Supporting COOP planning efforts
• Developing initial and refresher continuity training briefs
• Helping to develop, support, and coordinate COOP exercises
• Maintaining and updating COOP documentation and materials
• Facilitating and providing administrative support to COOP working group meetings
• Supporting the preparation, organization, and maintenance of records and files
• Contributing to short and long-term organizational planning and strategy
• Familiarity with FCD 1 and 2 and other relevant continuity directives and policies
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills with an ability to work well with clients
• Ability to be self-directed and work with limited guidance
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Big picture thinking with the discipline, energy, and ability to get things done
• Advanced PowerPoint and SharePoint competencies
• BA or BS degree
As a member of Heartland Consulting team, you’ll have opportunities to contribute immediately and progress rapidly as part of a sharp, high-energy team working to help clients solve important strategic problems. We work with leaders of both public sector and corporate clients to tackle some of their most complex challenges, using rigorous analysis methods to identify areas of leverage and opportunity, highlight and understand key risks, and prioritize actions. Clients retain and refer us based on both analytical excellence and our ability to provide actionable insight and recommendations.
Heartland Consulting is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of individuals with disabilities and veterans. We are proud to state that we do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin or disability status. We E-Verify all employees.