Administrative Assistant - USDA
- $18 Hourly
- Properly processing a Farm Bill application, administrative support for ranking, pre-approval, and approval workload, administrative support for proper contract management regarding payment processing, scheduling, and associated correspondence, assist local staffing support of mission support services involved with human resource management, property and procurement, and financial management.
- Tracks Farm Bill contracts and technical service provider projects; reviews and assembles documentation and certification required for contracts and payments. Examines files to confirm completeness and correct obvious errors. Enters contract data into agency-specific software programs and prepares reports.
- Processes applications and certifications of eligibility: reviews payment requests and verifies payment documents to ensure complete information is provided and all data is added to the files or matched properly. Remediate problems with applications. Recommends changes in procedure to prevent delays.
- Establishes a schedule for regular visits to field offices and assists develops a quality review process for use by field offices to assist landowners. Assure timely answers to policy questions. Help customers understand needed paperwork for payment requests.
- Provides a variety of administrative information to landowners and other program participants as needed, including programs and eligibility, application requirements and guidance, and payment process explanation
- Preparing and processing documents and correspondence and checking for accuracy, completeness, reconciliation, record keeping, and maintaining files.
- Accounting functions that assist in unfilled customer orders, including reviewing, monitoring, and tracking billing and collections of the agency’s receivables.
- Assisting staff with purchasing, records management, and correspondence management and distribution. Preparing reports and answering inquiries. Gathers data for reports, inputs information into databases, and helps with special projects.
- Reviewing and verifying technical and professional materials prepared by staff specialists for format and grammatical accuracy, including interpretative materials, technical reports, memorandums, advisory notices, and technical notes.
- Maintaining office files, manuals, handbooks, and reference library, both paper and electronic, according to NRCS and department guidelines and requirements.
- Answers telephone and greets visitors. Some interaction with the public in an office setting.
- Utilizing a variety of computer hardware and software applications and small office machines, to include agency-specific software such as SharePoint, Pro Tracts, NEST, Conservation Desktop, CART, FA Tracker, Document Management System (DMS),BOX/One Span, and locally developed Excel databases to extract information.
- Travel to other NRCS offices may be required on occasion.
The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) is committed to “helping people help the land”. Their mission is to provide America’s farmers and ranchers with financial and technical assistance to voluntarily put conservation on the ground, not only helping the environment but agricultural operations, too.
For more information regarding the agency and its programs visit http://www.nrcs.usda.gov/.
- Must possess and maintain a state-issued driver’s license. Any violations must be noted before use of Government Vehicle;
- Experienced in utilizing a variety of computer hardware, software, and word processing such as Microsoft Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Teams; Adobe Acrobat Professional;
- Must be able to utilize Microsoft Outlook for email and calendars and internet browsers such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge;
- Experienced in operating small office machines such as calculators, fax machines, scanners and copy machines;
- Experienced in general office procedures, such as preparing reports, spreadsheets and filing;
- Ability to learn and utilize agency specific software and web-based applications;
- Familiarity with certified mail and return-receipt mail procedures;
- Skillful in working and communicating with the general public;
- Capable of working independently;
- Possess basic telephone skills;
- Must be able to pass a Government background check; and
- Fluent in English
Heartland Consulting is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of individuals with disabilities and veterans. We are proud to state that we do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin or disability status. We E-Verify all employees.
A certified Native American-owned SBA certified Veteran-Owned Small Business located in McLean, VA, we are dedicated to providing employment opportunities to our Nation’s veterans.
Founded in 2009 by a Marine Corps Veteran, Heartland is fully committed to its vision–to “Create Value for America.” We are working to realize this vision by combining our deep understanding of Federal agency operations, demands, and requirements with the management consulting, information technology, financial management and business services experience our clients need to be successful. We are passionate about making government and commercial agencies more successful at fulfilling their mission and serving their stakeholders. We make your mission ours. Heartland works with clients to maximize efficiencies through innovation, to execute the program based on the highest professional standards and to drive towards success meeting expectations for higher efficiency of operations. Our consulting services are a superb complement to the government’s core mission of efficiency, economy, and security allowing us to serve across a wide range of agencies. A certified Native American-owned SBA certified Veteran-Owned Small Business located in McLean, VA, we are dedicated to providing employment opportunities to our Nation’s veterans.
407 S 2nd StAlma, WI
WebsiteView All Heartland Consulting Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.