Pharmacy Program Coordinator - 340B
- Posted: over a month ago
Welcoming all who need care
340B Program Coordinator
Director of Pharmacy
The 340B Program Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Director of Pharmacy in ensuring compliance with and providing oversight for the 340B Program at Heartland Community Health Center.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provides ongoing training, education, and communication to Heartland Community Health Center staff required for 340B Program
- Assist the Director of Pharmacy in the development and implementation of programmatic resources/tools to support clinic and pharmacy staff.
- Regularly communicates with all staff involved with the 340B Program to be sure that processes remain efficient and to address any problems or suggestions for improvement.
- Ensures that the 340B pharmacy program is continuously compliant with 340B regulations and guidance from HRSA’s Office of Pharmacy Affairs.
- Assist the Director of Pharmacy in the development of the 340B self-audit process
- Conducts and documents 340B Program self-audits. Coordinates and ensures remediation of findings.
- Ensures that audits follow current regulatory compliance recommendations.
- Ensures appropriate documentation and audit trail across areas of responsibility.
- Reviews and monitors all points of service where 340B participation occurs to ensure policy and procedure compliance, covered entity eligibility, and “covered patient” eligibility.
- Monitors utilization records and 340B purchasing accounts to ensure that software or tools are working properly and accurately.
- Monitors purchasing records for each 340B participant; clearly documents utilization, savings, problem areas, and exceptions or discrepancies. Relays results to the Director of Pharmacy.
- Monitors 340B compliance within workflow pr
- Evaluates covered entity compliance at the contract pharmacy, covered entity, covered entity owned pharmacy, and wholesaler levels.
- Responsible for maintenance of 340B TPA Assists the Director of Pharmacy in 340B TPA vendor selection if needed.
- Works with the Director of Pharmacy and Systems Analysts to ensure that the organization’s clinical information system is coordinated and integrated into the work with the 340B Program. This shall include the electronic interfaces between the EMR and the virtual accumulator and any interfaces between the organization and contract pharmacy providers and/or third party administrators.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of 340B referrals at both contract and covered entity owned pharmacies.
- Performs all duties, services, and documentation in full compliance with Heartland Community Health Center policies and procedures
- Maintains and applies knowledge of the 340B program, sliding fee scale, and referral prescriptions
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Pharmacy or healthcare experience preferred
- 340B experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Customer service oriented; patient centered focus that promotes minimizing barriers to obtaining medications for patients
- Social and cultural sensitivity appropriate to ethnically and economically diverse patient and employee base
- Demonstrate knowledge of the rationale of appropriate patient care
- Must be able to maintain good inter-personal relationship with co-workers and other members of the health care team and the organization
- Communicates through appropriate channels and follows proper chain of command for patient complaints
- Must be organized and able to manage/prioritize tasks to meet deadlines, adapts to change in a positive manner, able to work as a part of a team
- Computer skills to navigate Microsoft products, pharmacy management system and EHR software; eClinicalWorks experience preferred
- Organizational skills
- Detail oriented
- Must be able to maintain a high level of compliance standards
- Ability to handle emergency situations calmly and effectively
- Be courteous and respectful when interacting with patients and family members
- Maintain patient confidentiality in accordance with organization’s policy and procedure and HIPAA requirements
- Good communication skills in speaking and in writing
- Must be able to work well with others in a close environment
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
Heartland Community Health Center
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?