Heart of the House (HotHH) encourages personal and professional development through performance reward and recognition programs. We create a safe and trusting environment that provides our employees flexibility and opportunity. We see our employees as an investment and advocate on their behalf to both our customers and communities.
As a Starbucks Barista, you will create the Starbucks Experience for our customers by providing legendary customer service with prompt service, quality beverages and products, and maintaining a clean and comfortable store environment.
You will be responsible for modeling and acting in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles and best of all, you'll be part of a company that is consistently rated as a great place to work and the people here love what they do.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Starbucks.
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the shift team.
- Anticipates customer and store needs by constantly evaluating environment and customers for cues.
- Communicates information to manager so that the team can respond as necessary to create the Third Place environment during each shift.
- Assists with new partner training by positively reinforcing successful performance and giving respectful and encouraging coaching as needed.
- Contributes to positive team environment by recognizing alarms or changes in partner morale and performance and communicating them to the store manager.
- Delivers legendary customer service to all customers by acting with a customer comes first attitude and connecting with the customer. Discovers and responds to customer needs.
- Follows Starbucks operational policies and procedures, including those for cash handling and safety and security, to ensure the safety of all partners during each shift. Maintains a clean and organized workspace so that partners can locate resources and product as needed.
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Provides quality beverages, whole bean, and food products consistently for all customers by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards. Follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products.
- Recognizes and reinforces individual and team accomplishments by using existing organizational methods.
Summary of Experience:
- No previous experience required
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- • Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed
- Strong interpersonal skills
- • Ability to work as part of a team
- • Ability to build relationships
- • Constant standing/walking
- • Occasional stooping, kneeling or crawling
- • Occasion.al pushing,· pulling lifting or carrying up to 40 lbs
- • Occasional.. ascending or .descending ladders, stairs, ramps
- • Constant computer/POS Register and bar equipment
- • Frequent, continual, intermittent flexing or rotation of the wrist(s) and spine
- • Constant reaching, turning, and performing· precision work around bar area
- • Constant, receiving detailed information through oral communication
- Constant talking, expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word
- Occasional distinguishing, with a degree of accuracy, differences or similarities in intensity or quality of flavors and/or odors
- Constant Clarity of vision at near and/or far distances
- Also, included below is our specifics for the job
Barista Job Description:
- Good customer service skills, flexible and able to work every other weekend.
- -Cash Handling
- -Make handcrafted hot and cold beverages per standards
- -Stock products, maintain back-ups
- -Complete open and close checklists
- -Complete other side duties.
- Background Check
- Immunizations records will be needed