RECEIVING COORDINATOR - WAREHOUSE
- Posted: over a month ago
The primary function of the Warehouse Receiving Coordinator is to unload, sort, enter, value, and put away all incoming shipments. It is imperative that this data entry function is timely and accurate so that donated items can be quickly shipped to those is need and reports can be submitted to donors.
- Check incoming shipments, record and sign for shipments, unload trucks and organize the items that they unload.
- Accurately enter receipts into Helm and assign correct values to the items according to HHI valuation guidelines.
- Notify Product Distribution upon completion of each Purchase Order/Gift when ready for receipt sign-off.
- Review and receive medical supply items as needed from the Mezzanine product.
- Understand and effectively use HHI’s warehouse management system (Helm) to enter receipts, put away stock, pick/issue orders, and run reports.
- Ensure that each “customer” internal and external is completely satisfied.
- Participate in regular Cycle Count procedures.
- Clean and organize all warehouse areas on a regular basis.
- Follow and enforce all safety rules and communicate any unsafe conditions or accidents to the warehouse manager.
- Recognize, review, and implement continuous improvement ideas.
- Train other employees and volunteers in warehouse duties as needed.
SHIPPING (as needed)
- Pick orders for shipment, pack and/or shrink wrap and stage orders to be shipped, record when shipped.
- Submit order specifications to Product Distribution for shipping arrangements.
- Ensure that every warehouse volunteer is engaged in meaningful and productive work
- Inventory Management System experience preferred
- Detail oriented and personally inclined toward maintaining data and systems integrity.
- Demonstrate ability and willingness to accomplish challenging assignments as well as mundane, repetitive tasks with equal excellence.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, percentages, and to apply concepts of basic arithmetic.
- Ability to problem solve, make sound judgment, and ask questions as needed.
- Exhibit strong organizational skills, the ability to multitask while maintaining attention to detail.
- Exhibit interpersonal skills including tact, diplomacy, and respect for confidentiality.
- Exhibit ability to communicate clearly and concisely via phone and e-mail, using appropriate spelling, grammar, and punctuation, and observing professional etiquette in each.
- Demonstrate confidence in and loyalty to the mission and vision of the organization and to the staff team.
- 2-3 years’ experience working in a warehouse or distribution environment preferred but not required
- Forklift experience/certification preferred
- High School or GED
- Physical ability to handle normal warehouse environment that may include lifting up to 50 lbs., bending, lifting overhead, on your feet for long periods, etc.
Full-time or Part-time - Flexible Schedule
Heart to Heart International is committed to accomplishing its mission in a way that protects all program beneficiaries and personnel. It is our shared responsibility to prevent sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. Heart to Heart staff and volunteers are held to the highest standards of conduct and are prohibited from any behavior that places individuals at risk of abuse.
Heart To Heart International
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Heart To Heart International