"We must be alarmingly enterprising and startlingly original. We must be honest and fearless. And we must spark a revolution.” - William Randolph Hearst, 1887
The Connecticut Media Group is investing in its sales force and we want you to be a part of it! Hearst is searching for a dynamic Strategic Account Executive to maximize advertising sales revenue in our Financial Services Category. As a Strategic Account Executive, you will be responsible for developing and managing a sales pipeline and maintaining ongoing business relationships. You will be working with your customers to promote compelling solutions that best fit their advertising needs. As an advocate for the customer within Hearst, the role works in cooperation with other departments to ensure we are able to meet and exceed customer expectations both in performance and process.
As a Strategic Account Executive, you can expect the following:
- Calling specifically on our Financial Services clients, including Banks, Broker and Investment Agencies and Agents, and Lenders (Credit & Mortgage Services) to show the value of our suite of advertising products including display, social media, email marketing, content marketing, SEO/SEM to weekly inserts and print advertisements.
- Execute sales tactics, implement marketing strategies and deliver effective sales presentations with passion to consistently earn, retain and increase revenue
- Become a valuable asset in the business community by boosting your client’s businesses through multiple channels.
- Provide valuable feedback to management to improve on sales and marketing strategies
- Research, prospecting, marketing, cold-calling, presenting, and closing - You own the sales cycle, and have the support of your local account management team to aid in continued support after the sale!
- Closely follow market trends
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience working with commercial banks, lenders, insurance companies, and investment brokers or agencies
- An understanding of the Financial Services industry, and the different types of prospective clients they seek
- Existing contacts within the financial industry
- Results oriented individual who strategically pursues business with energy and drive.
- Minimum of 1-5 years previous sales experience required
- Demonstrated success in exceeding sales targets using a consultative, solutions-focused approach.
- Tech-savvy with solid computer skills is a must. Prior experience with or knowledge of on-line & digital marketing is a huge plus!
- Strong track record of successful internal and external relationship management
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Valid US driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- A great work environment it’s never boring here!
- Paid in-depth sales and product training.
- Competitive base salary, uncapped commissions for unlimited earning potential, and significant opportunity for advancement within the company
- Collaboration ideas and input are always welcome
- Health, dental, 401k, paid time off we have you covered
Hearst is a global media powerhouse including outlets such as; ESPN, A&E, Car and Driver, Esquire, O The Oprah Magazine, ELLE, Harper's BAZAAR, Cosmopolitan and many more. We enjoy being a select Google Premier Partner in addition to partnerships with Yahoo, Bing, Constant Contact, Facebook, Twitter and FourSquare. We have had a presence in Connecticut since 1871. We are a leader in the growing $50+ Billion Internet Advertising Industry alongside the ever-changing local advertising ecosystem, and are committed to building an infrastructure to support the goals we are going to achieve to become THE Leader in local marketing.