Delivery Manager - 2nd Shift
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Delivery Manager of Home Delivery works closely with the Logistics Manager, and Operations Manager to ensure smooth, efficient, and on-time delivery of our San Antonio Express-News paper products to our subscribers. The Delivery Manager ensures customer satisfaction and retention by scheduling subscriber deliveries and/or redeliveries or providing subscriber callbacks. The Delivery Manager is responsible for supporting the Logistics Manager with organizing, planning, and implementing strategy for daily home delivery of our products.
The Delivery Manager is a professional, exempt management role overseeing the contract relationship with independent distributors.
Primary Job Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
· Assists in the development and maintenance of accurate subscriber information and distribution lists and route maps.
· Actively contributes to the overall success of Zone operations by providing leadership in a team-centric environment.
· Positive interaction with subscribers in resolving service requests or incidents to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
· Delivers newspapers as assigned daily
· May be assigned to multiple distribution centers for gap coverage of day-to-day business as the needs dictate.
· Verify the accuracy of information incoming from independent contractors.
· Assist Zone Management in recruiting potential independent distributors
· Proactively escalate issues and communicate potential challenges
· Demonstrate a willingness to enthusiastically accept many varied projects and new responsibilities as assigned
· Persistence when encountering obstacles to keep the project moving to completion.
· Consistently show respect for colleagues at all levels to contribute to a positive work environment.
· Ability to maintain composure and work well under pressure.
· Consistently demonstrate the ability to move into problem-solving mode whenever challenges or concerns arise.
· Must be able to safely perform all physical requirements including walking, standing, sitting, reaching, twisting, stooping and kneeling
· Repeatedly lifting newspaper bundles weighing up to 40lbs.
· Must be able to push and pull 4-wheel newspaper carts weighing in excess of 200lbs.
· Must perform other duties as assigned by supervisors, managers, or directors
Education, Skills, and Experience Requirements:
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Basic computer skills to include Excel and Outlook
· Ability to work a flexible schedule; to include third shift (12am-8am)
· Reliable Transportation; a valid U.S. Driver’s License, and proof of auto liability insurance
· Highly skilled in project completion in a fast-paced environment
· High School Diploma required
· Prior Distribution, Delivery, Warehouse, Management experience preferred
· Bi-Lingual Preferred, but not required
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Newspapers requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment on or after November 11, 2021, be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Hearst Newspapers will consider requests for reasonable accommodations on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Hearst major interests include ownership in cable television networks such as A&E, HISTORY, Lifetime and ESPN; global financial services leader Fitch Group; Hearst Health, a group of medical information and services businesses; transportation assets including CAMP Systems International, a major provider of software-as-a-service solutions for managing the maintenance of jets and helicopters; 31 television stations such as WCVB-TV in Boston and KCRA-TV in Sacramento, Calif., which reach a combined 19 percent of U.S. viewers; newspapers such as the Houston Chronicle, San Francisco Chronicle and Albany Times Union, more than 300 magazines around the world including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Men's Health and Car and Driver; digital services businesses such as iCrossing and KUBRA; and investments in emerging digital entertainment companies such as Complex Networks.
AddressSan Antonio, TX
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Hearst
Get fresh CVS Home Delivery Driver jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.