In Some Jobs You Take Orders. In This One, You Write History.
Join the healthcare information technology team that's turning drug and medical device data into knowledge used by thousands of hospitals; the majority of U.S. health plans, retail pharmacies, and pharmacy benefit managers; and millions of healthcare decision makers throughout the world. Partnering with our information system developer and healthcare institution customers, you'll help evolve leading-edge thinking into reality and make a measurable difference in improving human health.
We're looking for people who are: Intelligent. Productive. Committed. Willing and able to go above and beyond. Passionate about making a difference. Innovative. Energized. And want to play an essential role in a successful company's continued growth.
Are you ready for this exciting challenge?
The Product Marketing Manager is responsible for the creation and execution of marketing programs to support the commercial success of various FDB solutions.
This person collaborates with product managers, subject matter experts, outside vendors, the senior marketing director, and other marketing and sales staff to create marketing plans and implement strategies and tactics for product launches, demand generation, up-selling, cross-selling, lead nurturing, etc. to help drive revenue.
This person monitors industry trends to ensure campaign relevancy and effectiveness and utilizes (directly or in collaboration with digital marketing support staff) marketing automation, account-based marketing (ABM), inside sales and other appropriate tools/resources to develop and execute successful campaigns.
This position will be based out of the South San Francisco office.
Key functional/content areas include:
- Marketing strategy and planning
- Product launches
- Lead generation
- Promotional campaign management/execution
- Sales enablement tools
- Marketing automation, account-based marketing, and telemarketing campaign development and management
- Copy writing/editing
- Collaborate with product managers on the strategy and positioning for assigned product lines. Drive market segmentation, opportunity identification, product positioning and demand generation strategies. Identify target segments/use cases, industry trends and champion critical market research.
- Work directly with the Senior Marketing Director, product managers and marketing team members to develop marketing plans including: goals, strategies, tactics, budgets, timelines, messaging, value proposition, features, functionality, and competitive landscape.
- Develop and implement launch plans for assigned product lines, working with all relevant functions to execute. Drive conversion/lead generation and sales success through creative, integrated, and innovative campaign planning and execution. Champion product positioning, strategic technology, channel partner engagement, and developer engagement.
- Create compelling product and solution-related content including unique value propositions and use cases, features / benefits and competitive differentiation for collateral, white papers, sales tools, web, social, lead generation programs, etc. Work with internal and external subject matter experts and vendors to ensure accuracy and creativity.
- Develop tools and training to support the sales cycle. This includes sales enablement assets focused on helping internal and field sales teams understand target markets, buyer personas, pains points, key messages, and competitive intelligence.
- Create campaign plans and project briefs, promotions, lead management, sales support and product marketing initiatives.
- Generate appropriate content for marketing campaigns, email marketing outreach, lead nurturing campaigns, telemarketing efforts, landing pages, etc.
- Develop and enhance lead nurturing efforts to develop qualified leads over time.
- Test, measure and learn to optimize campaigns for the best possible results.
- Track progress, success metrics and reporting for all campaigns.
- Work closely with the Sales and Marketing operations team for segmentation, scoring, attribution, and other operational elements to run effective, relevant, and well-targeted campaigns.
- Work with digital marketing associate, sales operations manager, and support staff to make optimal use of the marketing automation (Eloqua) function including integration with Salesforce.com and SalesVue (telemarketing application); and account-based marketing function (Terminus).
- Work with website consultant to support tactical execution of SEO strategies, including: keyword research, analysis, and identifying growth opportunities; on-site content optimization; ownership and reporting of key performance metrics.
- Work with website consultant to support the management and optimization of SEM efforts and to set and drive goals for organic customer acquisition.
- Manage ZoomInfo (contact enhancement).
- Deliver compelling sales enablement tools to engage key target audience throughout the buying process.
- Support marketing efforts with strategic partners and customers to drive awareness and engagement.
- Perform market research to support marketing initiatives, as appropriate.
- Supervise freelancers, including writers, copy editors and vendors (e.g., creative services agencies) when appropriate.
- Keep current with emerging healthcare industry initiatives and solutions to support and enhance efforts.
- Adhere to strict branding standards and guidelines.
- Exceptional marketing planning, strategy and tactical skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional analytical and creative abilities.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills required to collaborate with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge of and experience with popular tools and processes that support the marketing function, such as marketing automation, account-based marketing, customer relationship management, and data enhancement.
- Dynamic, self-motivated individual.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively within a cross-departmental team.
- Highly familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Demonstrated skills with Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Passion, integrity and energy!
- Minimum of five years proven experience creating, managing and executing marketing plans, including the creation of digital and non-digital content.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, or a related marketing/communications field.
- Five-year track record of proven success in a B2B product marketing role.
- Experience with managing outside vendors including design firms, advertising agencies, PR agencies, web consultants, etc.
- Experience in healthcare IT, healthcare, or technology-related field a plus
- Job is located in the South San Francisco office.
- Travel 6x/year.
FDB is the leading provider of drug and medical device knowledge that helps healthcare professionals make precise decisions. With thousands of customers worldwide, FDB enables our information system developer partners to deliver valuable, useful, and differentiated solutions. We offer more than three decades of experience in transforming medical knowledge into actionable, targeted, and effective solutions that help improve patient safety, operational efficiency, and healthcare outcomes. For a complete look at our solutions and services, please visit www.fdbhealth.com or follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
We value Integrity, Respect, Responsibility, Teamwork, and Creativity. Our offices in South San Francisco and Indianapolis have been awarded with Top Workplaces honors by The Bay Area News Group and the Indy Star, respectively, including the most recent honor awarded to our Indianapolis office in 2017 (the Top Workplaces honors are based solely on the results of an employee feedback survey by a leading research firm that specializes in organizational health and workplace improvement). FDB offers competitive salaries and extensive benefits - including medical, dental, vision, long term disability, life insurance, and matching 401k.
FDB is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce. As stated in our Equal Employment and Affirmative Action Policy, part of our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, FDB provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and/o