"We must be alarmingly enterprising and startlingly original. We must be honest and fearless. And we must spark a revolution."
William Randolph Hearst, 1887
Hearst has quietly become one of the most profitable and diversified media and information companies in the U.S. with more than 360 businesses. In addition to its premier portfolio of 85+ news brands in print and digital (i.e. Connecticut Post, SFGate.com, Houston Chronicle, NHRegister.com), Hearst also has major interests in magazines (300+ publications), television (A&E, ESPN, 31 TV stations), digital marketing services (LocalEdge) and more.
Hearst Connecticut Media Group (HCMG), a division of Hearst, has achieved record profit growth and built a reputation of delivering award-winning news content and innovative digital advertising products to businesses of all sizes. Our world-class local sales organization has been integral to this success, and we are seeking a B2B marketing leader to fuel our continued growth for many years to come. As B2B marketing lead for HCMG, the goal of this role is to directly support a large in-market sales organization offering a wide range of marketing services to local businesses. Reporting to the VP of Marketing, this highly analytical and passionate marketer must have a proven track-record in both B2B product marketing (i.e. customer segmentation, sales enablement tools, market analysis, messaging) and B2B demand generation (i.e. lead nurturing, content marketing, marketing automation, event marketing).
· Perform market and internal research to develop messaging / positioning / value proposition / packaging / collateral / sales tools to better educate local businesses and achieve sales objectives.
· Develop automated lead nurturing and content marketing campaigns through collaboration with SDR appointment setting team and sales leadership.
· Identify vertical market opportunities and create value proposition / sales / pricing strategies that match.
· Create measurable lead generation programs through online (SEM/SEO/display) and offline (trade show/events) direct marketing efforts.
· Build and test list sources for effective cold calling and lead nurturing campaigns.
· Set pricing and packaging strategy based on customer, competitive and industry focused analysis.
· Own product launch function: plan, create and lead the launch of new product releases or service offerings, and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
· Establish a metrics driven results dashboard for ongoing measurement and campaign optimization based on a data driven approach.
· Manage a marketing budget with proper forecasting, channel allocation and reporting.
· 5+ years of experience in progressive acquisition/strategic marketing role at a media or technology company.
· Recent experience with the development and optimization of lead generation campaigns for a large-scale sales team.
· Experience in effective strategic planning and collaboration with sales, design teams, and product management.
· Strong experience with Salesforce.com or equivalent CRM.
· Strong experience setting the strategy and executing content marketing programs leveraging a Marketing Automation platform. (Marketo/ExactTarget/Hubspot/Outreach/SalesLoft).
· Experience developing pricing and go-to-market incentives for a package-based product set.
· Proven leadership and mentoring experience.
· Excellent verbal communication skills.
· Passionate and focused.
· Relentless and hardworking.
· College degree required, MBA preferred.
· Fun! Energetic! Obsessed with Winning!
What’s in it for you?
· Competitive salary + bonus
· Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
· Paid time off
· 401K with company match
With the largest news gathering team in the state for these newspapers and each of their corresponding news websites, Hearst’s Connecticut news products have a serious journalistic commitment to provide local, watchdog and investigative reporting that impacts the communities they serve.
In addition to its journalistic commitment, Hearst recognizes its responsibility to help its advertising customers grow their businesses by offering the most cost-effective and targeted opportunities to reach new customers.