Healthy Smiles of Shenandoah Community Health Martinsburg, WV
- Posted: over a month ago
Under the direct supervision of the Office Practice Manager, the Office Assistant is primarily responsible for facilitating an appropriate, efficient and welcoming environment for patients. Employee will be involved with several aspects of the
practice including patient contact, scheduling, clerical duties and business functions. This position requires the Office Assistant to communicate with patients and visitors. The Office Assistant must be able to multi-task. The Office Assistant must be able to sit for long periods of time. Other duties as assigned.
- Answers telephone in a friendly and professional manner and forwards calls to appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
- Assists patients as needed in the proper completion of registration, and financial forms; answers any questions to
ensure patient understanding in a clear and effective manner.
- Creates encounter for all patients with an appointment, ensuring that address, telephone, and other demographic
information and payer information is correct in Practice Management.
- Schedules appointments for patients in an accurate and timely manner.
- Obtains patient paperwork ensuring accuracy and completeness to meet departmental and SVMS standard procedures.
- Verify, scan, and maintain all patient insurance information.
- Performs other duties assigned by supervisor.
- High school diploma or the equivalent
- Office management skills including word processing, data entry, and recordkeeping principles
- Previous knowledge of healthcare systems is preferred.
- Possess the ability to handle a multi-line phone.
Since 1976, the dedicated providers and support staff of Shenandoah Community Health have worked to ensure our patients receive the highest quality, most comprehensive healthcare, behavioral healthcare, and support services possible. We are a Primary Care Medical Home and provide a wide range of coordinated healthcare services, SCH offers WIC Nutrition programs; HIV case management; an on-site pharmacy; lab and x-ray services; outreach nursing to migrant and seasonal farmworkers and the homeless; medication assistance; assistance with ACA Marketplace and Medicaid enrollment; Weight & Wellness, diabetes management; breastfeeding support and substance abuse programs; and family resources. Shenandoah Community Health also offers interpretation services for patients whose primary language is not English. Working at SCH is more than just a job, it is an opportunity to impact the lives of the people living in our community. Come join our team!
To be a recognized leader in healthcare services.
To promote health and wellness within the community by providing a Medical Home to reduce barriers to care and ensure access to a full range of coordinated health care and wellness services.
Healthy Smiles of Shenandoah Community Health
BusinessView all jobs at Healthy Smiles of Shenandoah Community Health