Associate Mental Health Therapist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Associate Mental Health Counselor- Private Practice
Full-time and Part-time opportunities are available.
Healthy Mind Sacramento Psychological Services Inc. is seeking an Associate Mental Health Therapist (working towards an LCSW, LPCC, LMFT, or Clinical Psychology license) who has prior experience working with kids and seeks specialty experience in working with neurodiverse kids, teens, and young adults. Healthy Mind Sacramento is a fully private-pay assessment and therapy practice. This is a great opportunity to learn what it is like to work in private practice with supportive mentoring and encouragement!
This position involves:
- Supervised therapy experience working with neurodiverse youth and young adults
- Clinical experience in providing cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT)
- 10-19 clinical hours per week for PT, 20-30 for FT
- Some evening work hours required (1-2 evenings per week)
- Flexible schedule
- Opportunity to learn about working in private practice
- Administrative support: Our scheduler will book and schedule your appointments for you
$45 - $55 hourlyResponsibilities:
- Conduct therapy with kids, teens, and adults with ADHD, autism, and/or mood and anxiety issues
- Work within a primarily cognitive-behavioral therapy framework
- Document work in Simple Practice, the electronic health record
- Maintain a caseload of at least 10 clients weekly
- Attend weekly supervision and additional training as needed to gain proficiency in cognitive behavioral therapy and related modalities
- Work in-office and remotely (some clients will be telehealth, some in-office)- This is not a fully remote position!
- Promote your services and the practice on social media
- Master's degree (or higher)
- Currently working towards an LCSW, LPCC, LMFT, or Clinical Psychology license
- BBS registration to work as an associate (for Master's level therapists) or psychological assistant (for doctoral-level therapists)
- Minimum of 2 years prior experience in community mental health, private practice, or hospital settings
- Prior experience in psychotherapy with children and/or teens
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Committed to ongoing self-education and compassionate care of LGBTQ+ youth
- Prior private practice experience is desirable but not required
Healthy Mind Sacramento is a private practice in Sacramento dedicated to serving children, teens, and adults while honoring neurodiversity. We offer both neuropsychological assessments and therapy. Healthy Mind Sacramento is a creative, flexible workplace where you can create a space that works for you and your work-life balance. A combination of remote and in-office work is encouraged, and you will be supported in learning additional tools to help you be the best clinician you can be! Kimberly Miller, Ph.D., owner, started this private practice after realizing that the standard, 9-5 clinic or hospital job would never fit. You do not need to be a square peg squeezed into a round hole, you deserve to be yourself! For more information about the practice, visit healthymindsacramento.com
Healthy Mind Sacramento Psychological Services Inc.
HealthcareView all jobs at Healthy Mind Sacramento Psychological Services Inc.