Associate Mental Health Counselor
Healthy Mind Sacramento Psychological Services Inc. Sacramento, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Full-time and Part-time opportunities are available.
Build your niche in a private practice setting! Are you passionate about helping kids with ADHD, autism, and anxiety or mood issues improve their well-being? Healthy Mind Sacramento Psychological Services Inc. is seeking an Associate Mental Health Therapist (working towards an LCSW, LPCC, LMFT, or Clinical Psychology license) who has prior experience working with kids and seeks specialty experience in working with neurodiverse kids, teens, and young adults.
This position involves:
- Supervised therapy experience working with neurodiverse youth and adults
- Clinical experience in providing cognitive behavioral therapy
- 10-20 clinical hours per week for PT, 20-30 for FT
- A combination of in-office and remote therapy sessions
$35 - $45 hourlyResponsibilities:
- Conduct therapy with kids, teens, and adults with ADHD, autism, and/or mood and anxiety issues
- Document work in Simple Practice, the electronic health record
- Maintain a caseload of at least 12 clients
- Attend weekly supervision and additional training as needed to gain proficiency in cognitive behavioral therapy and related modalities
- Work in-office and remotely (some clients will be telehealth, some in-office)
- Promote your services and the practice on social media
- Supervision is provided by Dr. Miller, psychologist with 10+ years of supervision experience
- Master's degree (or higher)
- Currently working towards an LCSW, LPCC, LMFT, or Clinical Psychology license
- BBS registration to work as an associate, if required by your degree
- Minimum of 2 years prior experience in community mental health, private practice, or hospital settings
- Prior experience in psychotherapy with children and/or teens: please describe experience and modalities and why you are a GREAT fit in your cover letter!
- Must maintain own malpractice insurance
- Committed to ongoing self-education and compassionate care of LGBTQ+ youth
- Prior private practice experience is desirable but not required
Healthy Mind Sacramento is a private practice in midtown Sacramento dedicated to serving children, teens, and adults while honoring neurodiversity. We offer both neuropsychological assessments and therapy. Healthy Mind Sacramento is a creative, flexible workplace where you can create a space that works for you and your work-life balance. A combination of remote and in-office work is encouraged, and you will be supported in learning additional tools to help you be the best clinician you can be! Kimberly Miller, Ph.D., owner, started this private practice after realizing that the standard, 9-5 clinic or hospital job would never fit. You do not need to be a square peg squeezed into a round hole, you deserve to be yourself! For more information about the practice, visit healthymindsacramento.com
Healthy Mind Sacramento Psychological Services Inc.
HealthcareView all jobs at Healthy Mind Sacramento Psychological Services Inc.