Intake Coordinator Home Health
Healthy Living at Home Fresno, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Are you passionate about home health care? Do you want to make a difference by providing comfort, compassion, and care to patients and families? Come join Healthy Living at Home!
We take pride in being a home health agency operated by experienced professionals with extensive clinical, healthcare, and hospitality backgrounds. We enjoy working with those who put the patient and their loved ones first by finding ways to service individual needs. Our "At Your Service" philosophy allows us to empower employees to provide exceptional patient care.
Healthy Living at Home - providing home health "At Your Service."
The Intake Coordinator is responsible for the admission process for new patients including verifying insurance and gaining authorization from private insurance for patient visits.
- Receives referrals from physicians and facilities and initiates the intake process.
- Running verification/eligibility of insurance through Payerlink and uploading the insurance information into the chart.
- Adding a new patient into WellSky and entering all the information required to create an episode and track patient information within the patient profile.
- Requesting and creating authorizations.
- Coordinates with Scheduling Coordinator to ensure all disciplines are entered into WellSky and tasks are assigned.
- Receives documentation and scans the records into the system following the scanning policies.
- Obtains authorizations for service requests from non-Medicare pay sources and ensures that such authorizations for service are in place for the first and subsequent episodes or treatment periods.
- Coordinates with the Billing Manager to ensure required documentation is obtained from physicians.
- Attends regular interdisciplinary team meetings for purposes of identifying new admissions and recertifications.
- Reviews the weekly eligibility report and ensures that all corrections are made to patient demographic information.
- Reviewing and managing WellSky daily and weekly reports (See Office Report Responsibilities-Document Workflow) including:
- Current Patient Census
- Current Hospitalized Patients
- Recent Transfers
- Pending Admissions
- Non-Admitted Patients
- At least 2 years of home health intake experience (preferred)
- Excellent working knowledge of primary home health diagnoses, related interventions and care protocols
- Demonstrable working knowledge of Medicare and non-Medicare reimbursement requirements including eligibility for service, managed care and Veterans Administration pre-authorization processes, and Medicare/managed care outpatient therapy services requirements
- Ability to quickly learn new software applications
- Computer skills for Microsoft Office, electronic medical records and accessing email
- Basic medical terminology
To apply, please email your resume to Darcie Keller at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Healthy Living at Home
HealthcareView all jobs at Healthy Living at Home