Medical Assistant Job Summary
We are looking for a skilled, mature and organized Medical Assistant to join our growing healthcare team. Our Functional and Internal Medicine clinic provides personalized care in a beautiful new light-filled office along the Columbia River. Job is currently 28 hours/week with an opportunity to increase as our practice expands.
You will be a key member of our team, performing a combination of various administrative and clinical tasks. Administrative responsibilities include greeting patients as they arrive, managing administrative documentation, answering phone calls and emails, scheduling appointments, and updating and filing patients’ medical records. Clinical duties include taking and recording patient vital signs, preparing patients for examination, and assisting the physician during examinations. When necessary, you will also administer vaccinations and process prescriptions to be filled at the patient’s preferred pharmacy. Phlebotomy experience a plus.
Medical Assistant Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet patients (In person or Virtual during COVID19) and confirm contact information and Informed Consent for Care
- Answer phone calls, respond to patient questions, and take messages
- Schedule new and follow-up appointments
- Prepare rooms and ensure supplies are ready, ordering more when necessary
- Assist MD in procedures and examinations
- Take and record patient vitals
- Administer vaccinations
- Educate patients and their families on health conditions, treatment, and medications
Medical Assistant Requirements and Qualifications
- Associate degree in a medical field (preferred)
- 3+ years of experience working for a healthcare practice or hospital
- Familiar with medical terminology
- Strong computer and technology skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
Healthy Connections Hood River
Why Work Here?Healthy Connections Hood River provides direct primary care and personalized functional medicine care both in person and virtually to clients around the country. We prioritize exceptional care for all our clients. Relationships are at the heart of all health care and healing. Please visit our website for more information! www.healthyconnectionshr.com
Meaningful mission and values, collaborative and innovative team, small lifestyle medicine clinic on exciting growth curve.
Hood River, OR