The Intermediate Software Engineer contributes to the Healthwise mission by developing high quality software that enables the distribution and consumption of educational medical content. This individual will participate on a team with other developers, testers, designers, and product managers, all focused on fulfilling the team’s objectives. The Intermediate Software Engineer is driven to maximize their value to the team by building their skillset, collaborating with coworkers, being open to learning opportunities, and striving to build quality software.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Roles and Responsibilities of the Software Engineer include but are not limited to:
- Interacts with other departments and internal users as part of development of the Healthwise software and systems.
- Works under the direction of a development manager and Senior Software Engineers to meet team objectives.
- Contributes innovative and forward-thinking ideas to the team’s technology and development processes.
- Works with other developers to facilitate knowledge transfer and conduct code reviews.
- Participates in pair programming, technical design reviews, and code reviews.
- Works with users to resolve technical issues and to provide implementation support.
- Contributes to development of company objectives and principles and achieves goals in creative and effective ways.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or equivalent work experience, and 3 years in a related field.
- 3+ years’ experience in an object-oriented language and use of common software design patterns.
- 3+ years’ experience developing automation and tools to facilitate continuous integration of software development efforts.
- Experience with a variety of development platforms is preferred.
- All offers are contingent upon the completion of a background check.
DEMONSTRATE SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Working knowledge and understanding of internet-based application development.
- Working knowledge of several MVC frameworks, C#/ASP.Net/MVC in particular.
- Working knowledge of automated testing tools, methodologies, and unit testing frameworks (NUnit, MSTest, etc.).
- Experience working with source control systems (Git strongly preferred).
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and interviewing skills.
- Understanding of and ability to communicate the business and strategic impact of technical decisions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential functions satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodation.