- Managed Care Contracting hands on leadership position in a growing healthcare contracting and consulting company, Healthcents Inc., www.healthcents.com
- Your background must include positions where your main job was to negotiate managed care contracts for at least five years. Performing managed care contracting as part of a broader position is not the skill set that we are looking for
- Strong project management and organization skills
- Compensation is negotiable. The right fit and commitment are most important.
This is a full-time employment position, telecommute. Benefits include earned vacation, paid holidays and a 401K plan with a company contribution match up to 4% of base pay.
This is an executive “hands on” leadership role requiring extensive managed care contracting experience. You need to have been in position(s) where your primary role was to close new managed care contracts and re-negotiate payer contracts too. Please do not apply if you have not been in this kind of job before. You will be expected to hit the ground running. We will train you on our processes. You are expected to have expertise in contracts’ negotiations as a professional payer contracts’ negotiator. Exceptionally strong project management, people management, and hands on client focus is needed. This position requires a great amount of detailed focus and care in all correspondence, written and verbal. The position is with Healthcents Inc., a growing healthcare consulting company. This is a seasoned healthcare contracts’ negotiator role.
As a Managed Care Contracting Manager, you will be responsible for working directly with our key clients, other executives and team members including our CEO and President to manage key clients’ contracts’ negotiations and outcomes. It is expected that with your managed care contracting background, you will hit the ground running and be able to define managed care contracting strategies for providers and successfully negotiate contracts and maintain a high level of client satisfaction with little guidance. We also expect that you can guide other less experienced team members to assist you in the handling or key client accounts.
Our clients are medical care services providers and medical care products companies. We have many types of clients, including DME / HME Distributors, Large Medical Practices, Labs, Pharmacies, Residential Treatment, Home Monitoring Equipment Companies and many others. You will have complete operational responsibility for project management, payer contracts’ negotiations, payer contracts’ analysis, client relationships, and supervising other less experienced Healthcents’ team members working on your accounts to assure successful negotiations’ outcomes.
Responsibilities include defining client contracting strategies, analyzing client contracted rates and related data, preparing payer proposals, negotiating with payers at all levels of the payer contracts’ organization, preparing and delivering status updates to clients and to Healthcents’ Senior Management, and database management and updating. The ability to simultaneously manage many clients and contracts’ negotiations and the details is key. Intensive focus on the details is very important. For example, our clients expect error free letters, proposals, up to date status etc. To be the right fit, you are the kind of person that notices minor and major problems in written correspondence and insist on perfection. This role requires previous full-time managed care contracting experience, self-motivation and direction, very strong project and people management, strong organizational management, critical thinking, problem solving, and outstanding communications' skills.
This is not a trainee position. We expect seasoned managed care contracting professionals to apply. We expect that the only training you will need is on our unique business protocols.
In this role you will:
- Work directly with our VP of Operations, CEO, and President to manage client relationships and day-to-day workflow of key accounts
- Perform tasks including payer contracting, fee schedule analysis, letters of agreements etc.
- Persistently follow up to get the organizations that we are contacting on behalf of our clients to respond in a timely manner and move the project forward with efficiency to achieve results- new and improved payer contracts.
For more than 25 years, Healthcents has been the leading healthcare contracting, consulting, and contracting software organization in the USA. We specialize in enabling all types of providers to maximize payer contracts' reimbursement: medical practices, medical device manufacturers and suppliers, DME companies, O&P companies, ASCs, hospitals, and ancillary providers. Our leading cloud web service, RevolutionSoftware™ is deployed with our consulting capabilities or by provider contracting staff to benchmark and to identify patterns in reimbursements to enable medical providers to maximize revenue.
As a reminder, please apply only if you have strong managed care contracting background where you have been in jobs where your primary role is managed care contracts negotiations. Strong project management and excellent references are required, too. We will only consider candidates who demonstrate managed care contracting competencies in roles where you majored in managed care contracting.
Please send resume and a brief introductory email to email@example.com.
Job Type: Full Time
- Must have 5+ years of Managed Care Contracting Experience as your primary role!
- Outstanding project management skills
- Demonstrated management / supervisory experience, both people management and project management
- Self-Starter who wants to work in fast paced competitive environment
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong writing and analysis skills using MS Office and online databases
- Must have fully functional home office
For more than 25 years, Healthcents has been the leading healthcare contracting, consulting, and contracting software organization in the USA. We specialize in enabling all types of providers to maximize payer contracts' reimbursement including medical practices, medical device manufacturers and suppliers, DME companies, O&P companies, ASCs, hospitals, laboratories, behavioral health and all ancillary providers. Our leading cloud web service, RevolutionSoftware™ is deployed with our consulting capabilities or by provider contracting staff to benchmark and to identify patterns in reimbursements to enable medical providers to maximize revenue.
How to apply and contact us:
Contact Information: Healthcents' HR will look over your resume and will get in touch with you, by phone, if your resume is a potential fit. E-Mail your resume and a brief introduction to: firstname.lastname@example.org, no phone calls please.
Compensation: Negotiable, based on experience and skills, with possible increases and bonuses once your skills are proven and demonstrated.