This full-time professional position will be responsible for managing capital projects from programming through close-out, with primary focus on renovations and new construction across our client's campus-like setting with budgets ranging from $20k - $20M. The successful candidate will develop project needs with clients and stakeholders and oversee designers, engineers, contractors, and other resources to assure successful delivery and closeout of each project.
In addition to the preparation of plans, specifications, and estimates for proposed projects, general duties include performing client programming and scope development; selection and management of professional design teams; project bidding and procurement; management of project documentation, schedule, and project cost accounting; review of building systems and construction details designed by others; and on-site inspections to assure construction is in compliance with plans and specifications.
- Bachelors degree in Architecture, Architectural Engineering, or other related Engineering discipline
- Extensive experience in the development and delivery of capital projects in institutional setting, including building renovations, new construction, and infrastructure improvements, from programming through construction and project close-out. Knowledge and experience in the renovation of buildings, including building systems, design processes, and multiple methods of project delivery.
- Knowledge, experience, and a successful track record in managing capital projects and project delivery in budget and on schedule.
- Ability to self-organize, prioritize, and schedule work assignments through organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of computers and related software (Windows based environment, AutoCAD, MS Office group, MS Project or Primavera, e-Builder, etc..)