Supplement your Income and enjoy flexibility! We are seeking skilled PRN Professional Fee Coders with strong multi-specialty E/M coding experience for outpatient and inpatient encounters. Our PRN Coders have the opportunity to work remotely, maintain flexibility and earn extra income!
CCS-P and/or CPC certification
- 3-5 years of physician coding experience; multi-specialty and E/M
- Must possess a thorough working knowledge of ICD-10, CPT, HCPCS coding systems and modifier usage
- Thorough knowledge of medical terminology and medical abbreviations
- Must be able to read text for long periods of time from printed materials / computer
- Review and abstract patient medical records to assign diagnoses, treatments, as well as surgical and non-surgical procedures, for physician medical services.
- Ensure all services documented in the patient’s medical record are coded with the appropriate diagnoses and procedure codes.
- Conduct reviews of medical records to ensure compliance with coding and documentation guidelines and governmental requirements.
- Rectify errors in the pre-processor and post-processor editing systems when assigned by client.
- Provide written reports to management with audit/review findings and trend analysis.
- When and if assigned by management, provide education to providers/clients regarding results of periodic chart reviews while maintaining exceptionally high degree of professionalism.
- If assigned by management, provide accurate answers to providers/clients coding and billing questions.
- Maintain a working knowledge, and stay abreast of ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS, CPT-4 coding principles, modifier usage, medical terminology, governmental regulations, protocols and third party payer requirements pertaining to billing, coding and documentation. Maintain strictest confidentiality of patient and clients, abiding by HIPAA.
Healthcare Resource Group (HRG) provides revenue cycle services to hospitals and clinics. Our HIM Division offers our clients Coding Consulting & Compliance Services, Coding OutPartnering™, and ICD-10 Consulting to meet the needs of healthcare providers from our Spokane Valley office, as well as remotely.
HRG won awards in 2016, 2017 and 2018 from Best Places to Work - for Healthcare and the Inland Northwest. When you join HRG you become part of a great culture where your contributions are valued and your work makes a direct impact.
Apply today for immediate consideration if you want to be part of a dynamic company with a great culture!