Supplement your Income and enjoy flexibility! We are seeking skilled PRN Facility Outpatient Coders with strong coding and abstracting experience for outpatient encounters. Our PRN Coders have the opportunity to work remotely, maintain flexibility and earn extra income!
- RHIT, RHIA or CCS certification Required
- 2+ years of outpatient coding experience for small to mid-sized PPS facilities required
- 3+ years of outpatient facility coding experience preferred
- Review and abstract patient medical records to assign diagnoses, treatments, as well as surgical and non-surgical procedures, for facility outpatient medical services.
- Ensure all services documented in the patient’s medical record are coded with the appropriate diagnoses and procedure codes.
- Conduct reviews of medical records to ensure compliance with coding and documentation guidelines and governmental requirements.
- Rectify errors in the pre-processor and post-processor editing systems when assigned by client.
- Provide written reports to management with audit/review findings and trend analysis.
- When and if assigned by management, provide education to providers/clients regarding results of periodic chart reviews while maintaining exceptionally high degree of professionalism.
- If assigned by management, provide accurate answers to providers/clients coding and billing questions.
- Maintain a working knowledge, and stay abreast of ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS, CPT-4 coding principles, modifier usage, medical terminology, governmental regulations, protocols and third party payer requirements pertaining to billing, coding and documentation. Maintain strictest confidentiality of patient and clients, abiding by HIPAA.
Apply today for immediate consideration!