Clinical Director- Palliative Care
Highland Park, IL
We are working with one of the Northshore's premier hospice agencies to find a director of nursing for their agency. The ideal candidate has managerial experience in a healthcare organization. Hospice experience is not required.
- Supervise all direct patient/family care team members, including nurses, social workers, home health aides and counselors.
- Participate in the hiring and evaluation process of clinical team members.
- Develop educational opportunities for Clinical staff.
- As Senior Leadership will work to develop, coach and serve as a resource and liaison to the Team Directors/Supportive Care Services/Marketing and overall operations Serves as a resource person and liaison for the Social Worker, Volunteer, Music, Therapy, Bereavement Departments
- Coordinate the development, implementation and review of the interdisciplinary plan of care for each patient/family.
- Responsible for the coordination and oversight of all direct and indirect patient services. Attends the interdisciplinary group meeting on a regular basis and serves as a liaison with the Medical Director and clinical staff.
- Conduct the interdisciplinary team meetings, maintains appropriate documentation, or designates these functions to a qualified team member
- Participates/oversees in ongoing quality assurance activities related to patient and family services, including QI studies and chart audits to ensure the quality of patient/family services. Assist with the evaluation of Agency performance via the Performance Improvement Program; monitoring monthly, quarterly and annually as indicated.
- Ensures that all patient and family services offered by the Hospice comply with federal, state(s) and local regulatory requirements.
- Participates in state(s) and national hospice organization activities.
- Review admission data and prognostic indicators to assure appropriateness of hospice patients on service.
· Two years Director of Nursing Experience in Hospice
· Reliable vehicle, clean driving record, valid license
· Valid RN License, State of Illinois
Healthcare Recruiting Specialists IncHealthcare Recruiting Specialists is one of the leading healthcare recruiting organizations in the Chicago area. We specialize in recruiting healthcare professionals for permanent job placement, for both part-time and full-time job opportunities. Our primary focus is providing the highest quality candidates to all our healthcare clients. Chicago HRS Inc. is reliable, provides excellent customer service and credentialed candidates for healthcare positions. We take pride in saying that we have opportunities for all types of positions for new graduates and experienced individuals. Our office is located on the north side of Chicago. Unlike most recruiters, we have a vast knowledge of the geographic and demographics of both the city and suburbs. Most of our placements are completed within a 24-48 hour time period.