The Individual Placement and Support (IPS) model of supported employment is built on the idea that anyone who wants to work CAN work, regardless of disability, homelessness, and chemical dependency. At Sunrise Services we aim to provide the support and encouragement needed to achieve their vocational and educational goals. We are looking for energetic, self-starting and compassionate employment specialists to join our team and help our participants reach their dreams.
Employment Specialists will work closely with their participants, Case Managers, Therapists, Supported Housing Specialists, Prescribers, and other treatment team members to provide comprehensive, holistic, wraparound support to achieve lasting change in participants lives.
Carries out the services of the IPS Supported Employment program by assisting clients to obtain and maintain employment that is consistent with their vocational goals.
- Engages clients and establishes trusting, collaborative relationships directed toward the goal of competitive employment in community job settings with other workers who do not necessarily have disabilities
- Develops an individual employment (and/or education) plan with clients. Incorporates input from mental health team and family members, with permission.
- Conducts job development and job search activities directed toward positions that are individualized to the interests and uniqueness of the people on his/her caseload, following the principles and procedures of IPS supported employment, and conducting a minimum of six employer contacts per week.
- Assists clients in obtaining information about their benefits (e.g., SSI, Medicaid, etc.) and how they will be affected by employment in order for clients to make good decisions about employment opportunities. Refers clients to benefits counseling, as needed. Helps clients report earnings, as needed.
- Provides education and support to employers as agreed upon by clients, which may include negotiating job accommodations and follow-along contact by the employment specialist with the employer.
- High school diploma/GED, AA, BA or advanced degrees in social services
- Personal car, valid WA driver’s license, liability insurance and acceptable driving record
- Must pass DSHS background check
- Excellent communication, computer, documentation, attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work in teams is essential!
Employment Specialists come from a wide array of backgrounds and experience. Experience or education in the following fields are preferred:
- Peer Support Services
- Case Management
- Social Services/ Social Work
- Business/ Networking
- Healthcare or Residential care services for adults with disabilities
- $14 AA or below and $16-$19 with BA or higher degree. Dependent on experience
- Medical, dental, paid vacation, sick and holidays
- Generous 401 (K) (currently matching 50%)
- Monthly bonus opportunity
Apply at https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/6147735.careers?ApplyToJob=184829924