Solo primary care practice in Cleveland, MS is looking to hire a full time Medical Assistant. The Medical Assistant performs patient-oriented procedures under the supervision of a physician assistant or physician in a private practice setting.
Completion of Medical Assistant training program or sufficient on-the-job experience. Prior clinical experience in private practice is desired. Ability to multi-task. Good interpersonal skills with physicians, coworkers, and patients. Comfortable working in electronic medical records. Ability to type well.
Physical guidelines include the ability to stand/walk for up to eight hours/day, bend, stoop, twist, assist patients in turning, assist the patient in arising from exam table, push wheelchair patients, and assist patient in arising from and returning to the wheelchair..
- Direct patients to proper exam/treatment room; prepare patients for examinations and other procedures
- Document patient information and visit details into electronic medical records
- Assist physicians with procedures and data entry into electronic medical records as directed
- Instruct/educate patients accordingly after clinic visits and procedures
- Maintain, clean and/or sterilize medical and laser equipment
- Mix medications for injections and topical solution, when necessary
- Remove sutures and apply steri-strips
- Assist with Pulmonary Function Tests (PFT) and x-ray
- Answer patient questions as per the provider in a reasonable time
- Interact with pharmaceutical representatives to learn information to improve patient care
- Clean exam rooms between patient visits
- Handle properly the disposal of infectious and/or hazardous waste
- Perform other tasks as assigned