Healthcare Network (HCN) is seeking aPharmacy Technicianto join our team. HCN is a Federally Qualified Health Center located in Collier County on the beautiful Gulf Coast of Florida. HCN has been providing primary care to underserved patients for over 40 years.
We provide comprehensive, integrated primary care to more than 50,000 patients at 21 clinic sites throughout the county with more than 75 practitioners. Services include pediatrics, family and internal medicine, an HIV/AIDS treatment program, geriatrics, women's care, dental, and integrated behavioral health. We are accredited by the Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Care (AAAHC) and are certified by AAAHC as a medical and dental home.
Healthcare Network offers our care team members a competitive wage, comprehensive benefit package and the opportunity to serve in a mission-minded organization. For more information on our community organization, visit our website at www.healthcareswfl.org.
The Pharmacy Technician assists the pharmacist in processing patient prescriptions, performs clerical and cashier duties within the pharmacy, and translates prescription related information to HCN patients.
Responsibilities and Standards:
- Assists the pharmacist in processing prescriptions.
- Translates pharmaceutical information to patients as needed.
- Assists the pharmacist with placing pharmaceutical orders.
- Promptly checks incoming shipments and stores products.
- Accurately performs data entry functions.
- Assists the pharmacist with performance improvement/special projects.
- Collects patient payments and accurately performs cashier functions.
- Distributes pharmaceuticals to MEFMC departments.
- Replenishes Sharing the Care pharmaceuticals.
- Promptly and professionally answers pharmacy telephone, responds to inquiries, and accurately records information.
- Follows infection control policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
- Complies with all federal and state laws, rules and regulations.
- Complies with HCN policy and procedures at all times.
- Adheres to HCN workflow and ensure quality assurance standards are maintained at all times.
- Pulls outdated, damaged and recalled merchandise and prepare for return and assist with putting away drug orders (except CIIs) as permitted by law.
- This is a Float position which will require travel between HCN pharmacy locations if needed. ( Pharmacy Tech Float only)
- Efforts are generally responsive to work flow, must be able to work independently and prioritize work on a daily or weekly basis, subject to occasional reprioritization by others
- Impact of work performance could result in a noticeable impact in the organization and may involve management attention.
- May be required to perform the duties of other employees, including supervisors/managers, in their absence.
- May be required to perform duties and responsibilities not listed in this description, on a temporary or long-term basis.
- High School Diploma.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Pharmacy Technician Certification
- Bilingual Skills (English/Spanish or English/Creole) skills required
- Ability to effectively interact with patients, co-workers and the public
- Basic typing skills
- Effectively utilizes RX30 software, Mckesson RX and McKesson Enterprise, and electronic health record (Athena)
Job Posted by ApplicantPro