We are looking for a entry level Staff Accountant to join our team! A staff accountant is responsible for utilizing his or her educational background as well as communication and organizational skills to assist with the preparation and analyzing of financials records and for the preparation of tax returns and research. In this role, associate will be charged with utilizing basic research skills and working with accounting and tax software applications to complete financial statements and tax returns for review.
- Prepare and examine accounting records, financial statements, taxes, and other financial reports
- Develop and analyze reporting for business operations
- Prepare and assemble tax returns including 1040, 1120, 1120S and 1065's.
- Tax research and application
- Assist with payroll preparation and quarterly reconciliations
- Create new processes to improve financial efficiency
- Report analysis and findings to management team
- Bachelors degree in accounting
- Fundamental knowledge of GAAP
- Experience with current computer accounting programs and reporting tools
- Detail and deadline-oriented
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong work ethic - ability to work 60 hour weeks during tax season