Position: Healthcare Paralegal
Location: Washington, DC
Hours: 9am-5:30pm, Monday-Friday
Compensation: $40,000-$45,000 annual salary, plus benefits
Healthcare Legal Solutions, LLC, is a healthcare collections firm that provides denial management, consulting, and corporate collections services to hospitals and health systems. We are a small, fast-growing firm with lots of opportunities for new employees to prove themselves and a great team culture.
Job Description and Tasks:
Candidates will have to work well with attorneys and other paralegals, maintain the workload, work under pressure, and be a team player.
Candidates will be required to perform the following duties:
- Quickly and efficiently review medical records and submit well-written appeals to health insurers and governmental payers.
- Be comfortable, skilled, assertive, cordial, and professional on the telephone to follow up on submitted appeals.
- Navigate through various computer systems and applications to find information about insurance claims.
- Perform any other administrative duties as may be necessary.
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
- Highly attentive to detail and able to handle large amounts of paperwork for a busy office.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Clear, concise, and logical writing style.
- Basic working knowledge of medical terminology and diagnostic procedures.
- Previous coursework and/or work experience in biological sciences or healthcare.
- Prior experience in a clinical healthcare setting strongly preferred.
Interested candidates should send a resume with their undergraduate GPA and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without a GPA or a cover letter will not be considered.
Note: Due to the resources dedicated to training paralegals, we strongly prefer an employment commitment of 2 years.