The Software Engineer is responsible for the design, development, maintenance, testing and evaluation of a new or modified software product. From research and design to implementation, training and support, the Software Engineer will work together with a team on diverse projects utilizing knowledge of critical thinking and problem solving. Will work tightly with their leadership to understand requirement and project timelines ensuring that software designs adhere to the architecture design and department standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with other developers, analysts, project managers, QA and others to develop enterprise-level software products adhering to best practices and established standards and practices.
- Ensure software solutions are reviewed, documented and unit tested prior to handover to QA.
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts diagrams, charts, code comments and clear testable code.
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Communicates in a professional manner when interacting with coworkers and external customers.
- Participates in internal and external technical reviews, as required.
- Proven working experience in software engineering.
- Hands on experience in designing interactive applications.
- Have a robust understanding of SOLID design principals.
- Can work quickly and efficiently with moderate supervision.
- Demonstrated skills and abilities needed to coordinate, facilitate, and participate in a collaborative approach to the completion of tasks or assignments.
- Strong knowledge of enterprise computing software, including system management standards and solutions.
- Strong Object-Oriented design and implementation skills.
- Understanding of NuGet package management including creation, deployment and version management.
- Strong understanding of relational database design concepts.
- Passionate about technology and application development.
- Experience in creating SOAP/REST connectors/services.