This if a full time, day position.
Responsibilities of the Lead Core Lab Medical Technologist
- Supports Teammates in the execution of the team's responsibilities.
- Responsible for training and coaching teammates, creating and improving standard work, and responding to abnormal conditions.
- Responsible for problem solving, safety and quality of the team's performance.
- Must be an ASCP registered Medical Technologist or equivalent.
- A minimum of two (2) to five (5) years of relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Must have acute care hospital experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job functions of a leadership role.
- Must be able to operate equipment used in area(s) of responsibility.
- Thorough understanding of company product, trade terminology, quality management and control systems and techniques, testing processes including materials, work flow, scheduling, supplies, instrument operation, and company policies as standards.
- Ability to effectively facilitate problem solving and resolution.
- Ability to work with a dynamic team and demanding customers.
- Have extensive computer skills in Microsoft Office applications (Word and Excel in particular).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multicultural environment.
- Ability to plan, supervise, and perform functions of assigned areas. Ability to maintain on call flexibility to control abnormal conditions.
This Level 1 Trauma Center has evolved into the largest hospital in the region and world-class facility that offers a full range of services to the community specializing in all areas of medicine.