This is a full time, evening shift position with occasional weekends.
Responsibilities of the Chemistry Medical Technologist
- Directs and performs standard laboratory procedures for diagnosis and treatment of disease to include chemical, microscopic, bacteriological, immunological, hematological, and coagulation studies.
- Operates equipment to make qualitative and quantitative analyses of specimens.
- Recognizes abnormal trends or results and makes required decisions and corrections.
- Performs in a teaching role as required.
- Assists with patient phlebotomy, registration and order entry.
Requirements of the Chemistry Medical Technologist
- Bachelors Degree in Medical Technology or related field required.
- Certification as a Medical Technologist by a nationally recognized agency/board is required.
- 2 years MT experience in a clinical setting preferred.
This Level 1 Trauma Center has evolved into the largest hospital in the region and world-class facility that offers a full range of services to the community specializing in all areas of medicine.