Java Software Engineer
Healthcare Control Systems, Inc. - Spicewood Springs and 360 (Austin, Texas Area)
Healthcare Control Systems, Inc. (HCS), a rapidly growing company, seeks a full-time Java Developer to join our dynamic, small team of software and field engineers in Austin, Texas. This person will design, implement and enhance our suite of healthcare workflow control products. Applicants should be flexible and able to participate in the full software development cycle from design to maintenance.
HCS employs people who are extremely bright and motivated. Our corporate philosophy is to build long-term relationships – not only with our clients – but, more importantly, with our employees. HCS is committed to working with each of our team members to expand their knowledge and experiences through creative, meaningful and challenging projects. Join our team – make a difference - help us change the face of healthcare delivery!
Applicant must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
No phone calls please.
● Act independently as a top-level contributor on complex programs.
● Initiate, drive and deliver effective Java applications in partnership with cross-functional teams to ensure all aspects of the applications architecture are supported and delivered to the highest standards.
● Track development deliverables and communicate their status to lead developers.
● Perform thorough reviews / quality assurance on all new code from inception through integration, staging and production environments.
● Exhibit creativity and resourcefulness at problem solving while collaborating and working effectively with best-in-class engineers of varying technical backgrounds.
● Implement best practices to promote problem avoidance and continuous improvement.
● Bachelor's or advanced degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
● 5+ years experience as a Java developer.
● Excellent design and coding skills.
● Ability to be proactive, self-directed, detailed, and organized.
● Participate in internal IT projects and configuration.
● Web Development/REST
● Strong knowledge of SQL, preferably MSSQL
● Design Patterns
Healthcare Control Systems, Inc. is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. It is the policy of HCS to encourage and support equal employment opportunity for all associates and applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, religious creed, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, or sexual orientation.
Experience: Mid level
Functions: Information Technology, Engineering, Research
Industries: Information Services, Medical Devices, Information Technology and Services, Hospital & Health Care, Computer Software
Compensation: Commensurate with experience and skill.