HealthTECH Resources has urgent need for a contract-to-hire IT System Engineer specializing in Active Directory to assist with disaster relief at a premier healthcare organization near Los Angeles, CA. The ideal candidate will have 7+ years of dedicated Microsoft Active Directory system related work experience
This engagement has a three month contract term before conversion, and is 50% onsite with the possibility of remote work.
IT System Engineer Key Responsibilities
- This position is responsible for the design, management, and support of all aspects of the Active Directory environment, ensuring the security, integrity, and availability of authentication, authorization and LDAP related services to internal as well as external customers.
- Ensuring that the enterprise Microsoft Active Directory environment and associated systems and services are functioning efficiently, effectively, and securely for a 24x7, mission critical, highly available, multisite enterprise in support of roughly 6,000 users.
- Plan, design, implement, maintain, and troubleshoot Organizational Unit structure, AD Role assignment, Group Policy Objects, Sites and Service Replication, Distributed File Service Replication, Trust Relationships, Federated Service Relationships, Active Directory life cycle upgrades, LDAP/Authentication system integrations, Cloud Integrated Systems, access solutions, resource permissions, and related infrastructure.
- Networking services and protocols related to Active Directory such as DNS, DHCP, Kerberos, PKI, and Certificate Authorities.
- Knowledge of, and some responsibility for, associated infrastructures such as physical servers, VMWare hosts and guests, Windows Servers, LAN networking, WAN networking, storage networking, and SAN/NAS functionality.
IT System Engineer Qualifications
- 7+ years of dedicated Microsoft Active Directory system related work experience.
- Ability to design, implement, administer, manage, troubleshoot, optimize, monitor, and upgrade Microsoft Active Directory related infrastructure, service, and protocol related systems.
- Expert level understanding of TCP/IP, internet and intranet network applications and protocols.
- Advance level understanding of LAN/WAN/Storage networking, Windows server administration, VMWare VCenter administration; load balancing, cloud computing, colocation, information security concepts, and storage systems.
- High level knowledge of backup, disaster recovery, and business continuity concepts and operations.
- Desired Certifications:
- Microsoft Certified Professional MCP, Microsoft MCSE, Microsoft MCSA, CompTia Network+, VMWare VCP, ITIL Foundation, and/or storage and networking vendor certifications.
Why work here?
- This is a hospital and health system you will love working for, in a stunningly beautiful city on the West Coast. Living here might make you want to retire here.
- You will work at a health system that has been providing advanced medical care for patients for over 100 years and their services are nationally recognized.
- This hospital is recognized as a state leader in quality care, safety, patient experience, transparency, cost effectiveness, and community health. Jump on this opportunity while it's open!
* Competitive compensation: we want our team to be happy & motivated.
* Health, Vision, Dental plan options.
* Bi-Weekly pay: We never make our team wonder about their pay as they travel.
* Direct deposit/same day.