Status: 16 - 20 hours per pay period8:00 am - 4:30 pm,2 weekends per month
TheInpatient Therapist role is responsible for performing a wide range of patient care activities for an assigned caseload of patients. These responsibilities include conducting assessments, developing patient treatment and discharge plans, and providing individual, group, and family therapies. This position operates within a treatment team consisting of psychiatrists, other therapists, nurses and recreational therapist, and reports to the Director of Clinical Services. Therapists may be assigned to perform adult psychiatric, child and adolescent psychiatric. TheInpatient Therapist is also responsible for ensuring thorough and quality documentation of services provided
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completes psychiatricassessments, including evaluation of psychosocial functioning, events precipitating admission, identification of patient needs, limitations, and strengths
- Gathers information regarding the patient; family dynamics, background, current situation, etc. from relevant sources.
- Complies with The Joint Commission (TJC) and Center for Medicaid and Medicare Services (CMS) standards with regards to the quality of documentation and time frames for completions of assessments and treatment documentation
- In coordination with the treatment team, evaluates gathered information in order to determine appropriate length of care/hospitalization; continues to re-evaluate and adjust as appropriate
- Coordinates the development and implementation of individualized treatment plans in consultation with the patient and other treatment team members; participates in plan reviews to determine effectiveness and revises the treatment plan accordingly
- Maintains timely communication with patient's family/significant relations and is a liaison between family, facility and community resources
- Coordinates discharge plans with team and community resources, serving as a patient advocate/case manager for securing community support/further care, including prescription assistance.
- Provides intervention services including crisis intervention, individual, group, and family therapies. Identifies/makes recommendations for alternate treatment methods, as necessary.
- Maintains up-to-date and appropriate information for patients records/charts
- Participates in various facility meetings/projects as assigned.
- Assists in community outreach activities; such as community education, outreach programs, in-services, developing community contacts and identifying community sources for referral development, etc.
- Adheres to various standards and codes of practice, for all administrative agencies, that apply to psychiatric hospitals
Minimum Qualifications Preferred, Casual LLMSW, LLPC
Holds current, license to practice in Michigan without conditions, limitations or restrictions
Prefer two years of post-master experience in social work or counseling in an inpatient setting with LMSW or LPC credentialing
- Maintains a professional and respectful demeanor
- Maintains a working knowledge of community mental health resources and appropriate utilization
- Possesses computer application skills
- Capable of applyingtherapeutic interventions for a variety of mental health disorders
Job Posted by ApplicantPro