- Job ID:
- Position Type:
- Anticipated Work Schedule:
Week 2: Monday through Friday 10:30am-7:00pm.
Week 3: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday 10:30am-7:00pm, Saturday 8:00am-4:00pm.
- Hrs/Pay Period:
Email a Friend
HealthPartners has an opportunity for a full time Pharmacy Technician focused on telephonic Customer Service in Bloomington, MN. This is a phone Pharmacy position, which presents a first impression of our pharmacy services and staff. They will support customers in person in the delivery of timely, accurate and professional pharmacy services to members and staff and resolves customer concerns positively.
At HealthPartners, you'll find a culture where we live our values of excellence, compassion, integrity and most importantly, partnership. By working together, we will improve health and wellbeing, create exceptional experiences for those we serve and make care and coverage more affordable.
Week 1: Monday through Friday 10:30am-7:00pm. Week 2: Monday through Friday 10:30am-7:00pm. Week 3: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday 10:30am-7:00pm, Saturday 8:00am-4:00pm.
- Accept new prescriptions from members, inquire about medication allergies and obtain address from patient. Gather other information, as necessary, such as member number, birth date, and phone number, if not already included. Make sure name and medical record numbers are accurate and legible. Inform Pharmacist immediately of any interactions flagged by the computer system for Pharmacist intervention. Updates patient records regarding medication allergies and disease states.
- Accurately enter new prescriptions in accordance to applicable formulary, special approval or prior authorization, ensuring all necessary information is complete and in conjunction with coverage limitations and eligibility, as indicated by the computer system.
- Receive member refill request by telephone, automated refill line or recorded message. Enter refill request into the computer system in order for the computer to generate prescription labels. Route computer generated action request to provider if no refills are authorized. Contact physician's office if approval is required for refills outside of our system.
- Adjudicates prescription claims for payment in accordance with Plan provisions, policies and procedures.
- Researches and makes necessary changes to rejected claims, which could include the need to determine benefit coverage through interpretation of Plan provisions.
- Receive action request or telephone refill approvals from physicians. Enter information into the computer, including authorizing physician, number of refills authorized, or refusal of refill.
- Attach documentation to allow physicians to meet Drug Utilization Reports initiatives or to notify them of the need of prior approval from pharmacy administration before filling prescription.
- Identify and edit prescription entries due to changes or entry error.
- Enter third-party information for the computer to process. If prescription claim is rejected, problem-solve and make necessary changes. If claim still does not process, call help line or refer claim to a Pharmacist.
- Verify member/patient status on clinic computer systems. Access EPIC to view patient's co-pay, if necessary.
- Maintain records of controlled substances in accordance to State Board of Pharmacy rules and regulations.
- Run daily reports on prescriptions in pending action status and do follow-up.
- Generate computer-generated profiles for patients at patient's request as per confidentiality guidelines.
- Assist in training and retraining of Pharmacy Technical Assistants.
- Assist in the computer training of Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technical Assistants and other staff as necessary.
- Adhere to our patient service standards.
- Adhere to Pharmacy Department Quality Assurance Standards as directed by the Pharmacist staff and Pharmacist-in-Charge.
- Professionally interact with customers. Positively resolve customer concerns.
- Proficiently operate EPIC, Pharmacy and financial computer systems.
- Maintains files of original written prescriptions to be kept as legal documents.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Pharmacist-in-Charge, pharmacists and management.
- High School diploma or GED
- Completion of accredited Pharmacy Technical program or six-months comparable pharmacy technician experience.
- State Registration
- Knowledge of drugs and drug categories
- Six-months computer and keyboard experience including pharmacy systems
- Good oral communication skills
- Good written communication skills
- Detail orientation
- Six-months customer service experience
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Basic mathematics aptitude
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.