Medical Laboratory Technician
+ Job ID:
EG Primary Care
HP - Eagan Clinic
+ Position Type:
+ Anticipated Work Schedule:
Every other weekend (Saturday and Sunday) from 8:00am-5:00pm
+ Hrs/Pay Period:
Email a Friend
We have an exciting opening for a Part-Time Medical Lab Technician (MLT) Float position to support our HealthPartners Eagan Clinic!
At HealthPartners, you'll find a culture where we live our values of excellence, compassion, integrity, and most importantly, partnership. By working together, we will improve health and well-being, create exceptional experiences for those we serve and make care and coverage more affordable.
SCHEDULE:Monday: 4:00pm-8:15pm Tuesday: 4:00pm-8:15pm Friday: 4:00pm-8:15pm Every other weekend (Saturday and Sunday) from 8:00am-5:00pm
+ Associate degree in a lab science or medical laboratory technology from an accredited institution, or graduate from a 12-month approved school for Certified Laboratory Assistants and eligible to be certified. Documentation of experiences performing high complexity testing prior to 9/1/92.
+ Certification by an agency approved by the ASCP Board of Certification or AMT. If not currently certified must register for certification with 45 days of hire and must obtain certification within 6 months of hire. .
+ Qualified to work in a highly complex laboratory as mandated in the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Act of 1988 (CLIA).
+ Promote teamwork through demonstration of a courteous and cooperative attitude to all customers.
+ Six months of related medical training or experience.
+ Typing or keyboard skills.
Service excellence is to be centered on patient care and patient relationships and is the responsibility of all employees. Teamwork is the norm and all employees will be held accountable to work as effective team members. This individual serves all (internal and external) customers by performing a variety of laboratory procedures in accordance with HealthPartners philosophy, policies and procedures and in accordance with all regulatory agencies.
1. Collect and process biological specimens with appropriate technique following established Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
2. Perform testing analysis and verify assay/analyzer performance according to SOP in an efficient, cost effective manner. Any combination of the following areas may be included: Hematology, Coagulation, Microbiology, Serology, Immunology, Immunohematology, Chemistry, Special Chemistry, Urinalysis, Phlebotomy, Computer Operation, EKG and Reception.
3. Document and communicate lab test results thoroughly and accurately according to SOP.
4. Perform and document maintenance procedures plus maintain adequate supplies.
5. Demonstrate competency and comply with all regulatory agency policies.
6. Consistently implement and adhere to the laboratory customer service standards. The standards include maintaining confidentiality, promoting teamwork, successful communication and conflict resolution.
7. Respond proactively to stressful circumstances, customer needs and department/clinic changes.
8. Demonstrate professional development through participation in continuing education, special projects and community / corporate / professional organizations. Demonstrate personal development through dependability, professional appearance and cooperative attitude.
9. Perform other tasks as assigned.
HealthPartners is nationally acclaimed for providing outstanding patient care and we offer an excellent benefits package. To see a complete job description and/or to apply for this position, please visit www.healthpartners.com/Career and search for Job ID #53530.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.