The Special Projects Coordinator - HR is a temporary, full time position responsible for working with the Human Resources Manager in planning, coordinating and implementing special projects within the Human Resources Department. This position will perform administrative and clerical functions as a resource to the Human Resources Department. The incumbent will be a jack of all trades, as tasks will vary based on assignment, and can range from general office support to project assistance.
Duties and responsibilities
- Participates in projects as needed
- Performs duties such as, but not limited to project research, data entry, file management, delivering items among the Department’s locations, as well as other activities as needs arise
- Works with internal and external customers to ensure requests, problems and questions are researched and resolved in a timely manner
- Assists with the logistical aspects of new employee orientation and training, including but not limited to the creation and evaluation of materials and processes observed
- Edits and proofs materials to provide feedback for improvement
- Works with various departments to learn, assist, and fill-in while other employees are working on large project implementations
- Provides vital internal office support to service the needs of the team, particularly during times of increased work volume
- Provides support and ensures special projects are effectively managed for ongoing growth and expansion efforts
- Works closely with individuals to systematically manage projects, while delivering effective, efficient results as well as building strong internal and external relations
- Employs change management through interdisciplinary work across settings and collaboration with all departments while working with indirect resources
- Promotes quality and integration with other disciplines and services to meet established organizational goals through multi-disciplinary teamwork
- Coordinates and communicates changes in workflows and process standardization's to improve compliance and operational efficiency
- Researches and evaluates existing processes, providing constructive feedback and offering suggestions for refinement
- Other duties as may be assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in requested discipline or a related degree if applicable
- Five years administrative experience
- Preferred experience in health insurance or related field
- Strong computer skills
- Solid analytical skills
- Rapid learning ability
- Effective teamwork and proactive communication (verbal and written) skills
- Positive attitude
- Ethics - Honest, accountable, maintains confidentiality
- Reliability - The extent to which the employee can be depended upon to be available for work, do it properly, and complete it on time. The degree to which the employee is reliable, trustworthy, and persistent.
- Sense of Urgency - Meets deadlines, establishes appropriate priority, gets the job done in a timely manner
- Communication skills - Possesses effective communication skills: oral, written, listening
- Cooperation - Willingness to work harmoniously with others in getting a job done. Readiness to respond positively to instructions and procedures.
- General Computer Competencies - Knowledge of and ability to use personal computers or workstations.
- Initiative - Takes action, seeks new opportunities, strives to see projects to completion
- Organization skills - Information organized and accessible, maintains efficient work space, manages time well
- Planning & Organizing - Displays ability to effectively plan, organize and implement applicable tasks or projects in relation to established goals and objectives.
- Problem Solving & Decision Making - Displays ability to define a problem, develops workable and realistic alternatives, and selects appropriate alternative to resolve problem. Decisions made are generally correct, and the time taken to make such decisions is reasonable.
Physical, Mental, Environmental & Working Conditions
Moderate amount of walking, sitting, and writing. Moderate to significant amount of stress in meeting deadlines and dealing with day-to-day events in the execution of job duties. Needs flexibility and adaptability to change. Candidate must be self-disciplined and a self-starter and able to work independently with a flexible work schedule.