DescriptionSHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
HealthONE’s Perioperative Nurse Residency
For Experienced Nurses & New Graduates
Start Date: August 5, 2019
- Paid training based on AORN’s Periop 101 Modules and is a combination of classroom, clinical labs and clinical experience in the operating room
- 20 week, hands-on training and preceptorship. Schedule is M-F during orientation, averaging 36-40 hours per week.
- Eligible for benefits after 31 days of employment
- Gain perioperative experience within a HealthONE hospital
- Cultivate meaningful relationships with skilled Perioperative Nurse Preceptors and Mentors/Leaders
- Position within a HealthONE operating room upon successful training completion, followed by two-year full time commitment of employment
- Customized coaching and onboarding
- Regular development meetings between the student, the preceptor and PONI director
- Realistic hospital Operating Room based scenarios using high-fidelity simulation, equipment and processes from our facilities. Practice how nursing care will look and feel in the safety of a sim lab
- All new graduate RNs continue on to the HCA Nurse Residency Program for ongoing support and education tailored specifically to individual’s needs throughout the remainder of the year up to 18 months
The Registered Nurse in this area assumes responsibility for providing care to assigned patients utilizing the nursing process in planning, executing, and evaluating the nursing care given to assigned patients during their stay in the facility.Applies knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span to identify patient and family requirements relative to age specific needs.
Click here to learn moreabout HCA Continental Division and HCA/HealthONE
With 6 hospitals tochoose from, HCA/HealthONE is a growing system that combines stability with allthe rewards of working in a hospital system with growth and opportunity. Wehave more training opportunities, more advancement potential, and animpressive range of benefits.
- North Suburban Medical Center
- Presbyterian St. Luke's Medical Center
- Swedish Medical Center
- Rose Medical Center
- Sky Ridge Medical Center
- Medical Center of Aurora
Please complete thefollowing for fully finished application:
- Fill out application online - include your job history (required)
- Attach your resume (required)
- Attach a letter of intent- specifically stating why you are interested in becoming a Perioperative nurse and why you should be considered for program (required)
- Complete the HealthcareSource survey ** if you have already completed a HealthcareSource survey in the past 12 months, you can disregard (required)
"OR Residency" "new grad residency" "graduate RN" "Grad RN" "Graduate nurse" "Operating room program" "periop"
**Candidates must attach a resume and letter of intent**
- Colorado RN license will be required once clinical training begins
- BLS through American Heart Association required
- BSN preferred