Registration Clerk / Dental / Bilingual NEW PAY SCALE
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This position comes with generous health insurance options, paid time off, dental insurance, 401(k), 401(k) matching, vision insurance, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, employer paid short term and long term disability, flexible spending account, employee assistance program!
HealthFirst Bluegrass Inc., a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), provides a myriad of high-quality culturally and linguistically appropriate services to diverse populations throughout Lexington KY. We provide medical, dental, pharmaceutical, mental health, integrated health services, family and social services, and health education for all age groups. We are committed to ensuring the human right of accessible primary medical care through advocacy and community empowerment. We are currently looking for a Registration Clerk in our Dental department.
HealthFirst Bluegrass Inc. is committed to maintaining a work environment that is "employee friendly" to assure the organization's ability to recruit and maintain excellent employees. Currently, the organization offers competitive salaries for positions as well as a very good benefit package.
To provide administrative support to department’s clinical/community program operations, specifically in our dental department. Examples of work include: schedules patient appointments; greets patients/clients; conducts patient/client interviews, determines patients’ clients’ financial status; routes patients/clients; completes registration forms; prepares and maintains patient/client health record; collects service fees and processes patient bills; conducts community outreach activities, and makes referrals according to program procedures.
- Only ONE year of* combined clerical/administrative experience required! *
- Bilingual required- Must be proficient in English and Spanish to successfully pass a language assessment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Acts as patient/client receptionist. Greets patients, initiates and distributes appropriate forms and answers telephone and channel calls to the appropriate staff or takes accurate messages.
- Registers clients/patients for clinic services/programs by obtaining and verifying required demographic, insurance and financial information including income information to determine eligibility for services/ pay status based on established standards.
- Process patient records, maintains patient flow during clinic sessions
- Assemble various forms required by program and service standards to record client information and services rendered to establish a medical record
- Operate a computer terminal to enter, store and retrieve information; compile records; and report routine statistical information
- Collect and processes clinical service fees. Including: reconcile daily cash collected with receipts issued, cash drawer, encounter forms or other billing documents, and computer-generated reports; forward cash and receipts to Accounting on a daily basis for deposit; and process patient billing information
- Ability to operate basic office equipment such as keyboard, copier, adding machine, and printers.
- Ability to communicate in a positive and effective manner with the public and project a positive image of the division and the agency.
- Ability to communicate in a positive and effective manner with supervisors and co-workers to accomplish agency objectives and goals.
- Ability to maintain clients/patients confidentiality.
JOB REQUIREMENTS and QUALIFICATIONS
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school graduate (or GED) and 1 year experience in a general clerical or clinical setting which has been in the performance of responsible clerical/clinical duties including accurate data entry, or an equivalent combination of related training and experience.
HealthFirst Bluegrass Inc. is also recognized by the National Committee on Quality Assurance as a Patient Centered Medical Home. This recognition was achieved by demonstrating that systems and processes are in place to meet nationally recognized standards for delivering high quality care and demonstrating a commitment to improving patient access, patient experience, and continuous quality improvement.
For more information about HealthFirst Bluegrass Inc. please visit www.healthfirstlex.com.
HealthFirst Bluegrass is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
HealthFirst Bluegrass Inc.Why Work Here?
Our mission -- "Enhancing quality of life through transformative healthcare for all"
HealthFirst Bluegrass Inc. is designated as a Federally Qualified Community Health Center (FQHC) by the United States Health Resources and Services Administration. The center provides Medical, Behavioral Health, Pharmacy and Dental services for patients. All sites are located in Lexington, Kentucky. HealthFirst Bluegrass Inc. is also recognized by the National Committee on Quality Assurance as a Patient Centered Medical Home. This recognition was achieved by demonstrating that systems and processes are in place to meet nationally recognized standards for delivering high quality care and demonstrating a commitment to improving patient access, patient experience, and continuous quality improvement. For more information about HealthFirst Bluegrass Inc. please visit www.healthfirstlex.com. HealthFirst Bluegrass is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
496 Southland DrLexington, KY