This position is full-time position for 46-48 weeks per year and follows the Fayette County Public School's calendar. Benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k) are available.
HealthFirst Bluegrass Inc., a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), provides a myriad of high-quality culturally and linguistically appropriate services to diverse and low-income populations throughout Lexington KY. We provide medical, dental, pharmaceutical, behavioral health, family and social services, and health education for all age groups. We are committed to ensuring the human right of accessible primary medical care through advocacy and community empowerment. We are currently seeking a School Based Clinic Nurse Specialist Coordinator for our school based clinic located in the Cardinal Valley Elementary School.
This position is full-time (40 hours per week) for 46 weeks per year and follows the Fayette County Public School's calendar.
This position assists the SBC manager in planning, implementation, coordination and evaluation of community health programs and/or clinical operations
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
1) Maintain daily operations of the school clinic; this includes coordinating staff activities to meet the program guidelines and performance measures
2) Coverage of Saturday clinics
3) Responsible for oversight of school clinic clerk assigned to the school clinic; this includes approval of time sheets and requests for leave, as well as assisting in the clerk’s performance evaluation as needed
4) Provide program reports as required by the Clinic Manager and other management staff
5) Monitor the program budget and assure compliance with the budget
6) Assure the clinic program is compliant with all local, state, and federal requirements and regulations
7) Function as a Nurse to assess patients and assist the Nurse Practitioner as needed
8) Work in a collaborative manner with school staff and other agencies to assure the school clinic is successful
9) Address staff complaints and clinic issues and escalate these to the Clinic Manager as needed
10) Responsible for assuring all patient complaints and incidents that occur in or relate to the school clinic are documented, addressed, and written reports of these incidents are forwarded to the appropriate management staff
11) Communicate and work with the Clinic Manager in a manner that is effective in resolving issues and making the success of the school clinic a priority
12) Works with nurse manager to coordinate clinic workflows, schedules and staff assignments.
13) Respond to emergency medical situations that occur in the facility
14) Participate in staff meetings
15) Participate in peer review and other quality improvement activities as requested
16) Provide evaluation input of the performance of staff as needed
17) Participate in the preceptorship of assigned students and evaluation of their performance
18) Coordinate Team Huddles
19) Consistently report to work on time prepared to perform duties of position
20) Meet HealthFIRST Bluegrass Inc. productivity and quality standards
21) Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
22) Coordinate and participate in outreach events representing HealthFirst
23) Maintain positive and professional relationship with contracting organizations including Fayette County Public Schools
24) Exhibit flexibility of work place to best cover both school clinics and main HealthFirst Bluegrass Inc. needs
25) Responsible for the VFC/Vaccine storage and handling
This position has 1-2 direct reports.
JOB REQUIREMENTS and QUALIFICATIONS
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in nursing (BSN) and 3 years experience as a Nurse in the specified program area; Associate’s degree in nursing (ADN) and 5 years related program-specific nursing experience. Current active Registered Nurse (RN) license from the Kentucky Board of Nursing required.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS
· This position requires effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and intermediate computer literacy
· Ability to practice independently within the scope of practice and effectively with consultation as appropriate
· Ability to communicate effectively with patients regarding health care and HealthFIRST Bluegrass Inc. policies and procedures
· Strong critical thinking processess
· Skill in distinguishing between normal and abnormal clinical findings and appropriate times to refer to provider
· Skill in dealing with patients from a variety of cultures and backgrounds
- Communicate in a positive and effective manner with supervisors and co-workers to accomplish agency objectives and goals
· Must be able to handle and protect confidential and sensitive data with integrity
HealthFirst Bluegrass Inc. is also recognized by the National Committee on Quality Assurance as a Patient Centered Medical Home. This recognition was achieved by demonstrating that systems and processes are in place to meet nationally recognized standards for delivering high quality care and demonstrating a commitment to improving patient access, patient experience, and continuous quality improvement.
HealthFirst Bluegrass Inc. is committed to the maintaining a work environment that is "employee friendly" to assure the organization's ability to recruit and maintain excellent employees. Currently, the organization offers competitive salaries for positions as well as a very good benefit package.
For more information about HealthFirst Bluegrass Inc. please visit www.healthfirstlex.com.
HealthFirst Bluegrass is an Equal Opportunity Employer.