This is a full-time job with benefits including health, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k, paid days off and paid holidays
HealthFirstBluegrass Inc., a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), provides a myriad of high-quality culturally and linguistically appropriate services to diverse and low-income populations throughout Lexington KY. We provide medical, dental, pharmaceutical, mental health, integrated health services, family and social services, and health education for all age groups. We are committed to ensuring the human right of accessible primary medical care through advocacy and community empowerment. We are currently seeking a Medical Clinic Lead. This position is located in our Healthcare for the Homeless Clinic.
This position assists the Practice Manager in planning and assuring efficient and effective delivery of patient care services by the clinical support staff reporting to the Practice Manager. This position is responsible for assisting with the training of newly hired clinical support staff and for ongoing training for all clinical support staff and for participating in performance evaluations of the clinical support staff. The position is responsible for completing and sharing required reports and documents, including quality program reports and updates. The position will assist the Practice Manager in establishing schedules for clinical support staff and maintaining adequate clinic coverage by clinical support staff. The Lead will be responsible for effectively communicating all identified staff and clinic issues with the Practice Manager.
For areas that provide vaccines through the federal vaccine programs Vaccines for Children/Vaccines for Adults, the position will be responsible for the Vaccines for Children/Adult Program, including ordering vaccines, maintaining vaccine inventory, assuring compliance with all VFC/VFA program requirements, and will participate in after-hours calls for issues with refrigerator temperatures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
· Responsible for assisting the Practice Manager in the overall coordination of services provided by the clinical support staff
· Maintains clinical skills by actively working in medical clinic sites
· Responsible for assisting with development of schedules for clinic support staff, taking calls for same day call ins, reviewing and making recommendations on leave requests, and working in clinic as needed
· Provides training for new and existing clinical support staff to assure consistent provision of clinical care that is in compliance with established standards and workflows
· Facilitates communication among clinical support staff and assures timely, accurate communication of information to clinical support staff
· Responsible for assisting in ongoing development of clinical support staff including engaging staff in educational programs, quality reports and projects, team building activities
· Directs, and attends to phone calls as needed
· Addresses staff complaints and clinic issues and refers/discusses these with the Practice Manager
· Communicates and works with the Practice Manager in a manner that is effective in resolving issues and making the provision of quality services and the success of the clinic a priority
· Collects and organizes data to show outcomes, support requests, or to demonstrate quality improvement
· Participates and collaborates with Practice Manager in identification of qualified candidates, screening of applications, interview process, selection and orientation of clinical support staff as needed.
• Provides on-going feedback on the clinical support staff’s performance and participates in the annual
· Reviews electronic medical records to ensure proper documentation and adherence to workflows for various clinical visit types
· Responsible for annual evaluation of proficiency and competence of all required clinical skills and procedures for clinical support staff
· Observes and provides feedback on the practice of clinical support staff to ensure appropriate patient care, use of universal precautions and proper safety procedures, as well as proper implementation of the required screenings
· Responsible for assuring clinic is adequately stocked with medical and non-medical supplies and that equipment is calibrated as recommended and functional at all times; includes ordering supplies as needed or directed
· Assures medications and vaccines are available and appropriately stored in the clinic and all required documentation for storing and administering medications and vaccines is completed; also responsible for assuring procedure for storing and providing sample medications is adhered to by all staff.
· Attends and participates in meetings and/or committees as requested
· Ensures compliance with all federal, state, local and organizational requirements, such as HIPAA, OSHA, etc
· Works in a collaborative manner with other departments of HealthFirst and other agencies to assure the clinic is successful
· Maintains up to date CPR/AED/OSHA knowledge.
· Other duties as assigned.
No direct supervisory responsibilities.
This position will assist the Practice Manager with supervision of clinical support staff in HealthFirst Bluegrass medical clinics and is responsible for contributing to the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the clinical support staff.
JOB REQUIREMENTS and QUALIFICATIONS
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Current active nurse license from the Kentucky Board of Nursing, or medical assistant certification, or 3 years health-related experience in a medical clinic.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Nurse must possess a current Kentucky Board of Nursing (KBN) nurse license.
Medical Assistant must have current certification from recognized medical assistant certification board.
Current CPR certification is required and must be maintained throughout the duration of this position.