This is a full-time job with benefits including health, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k, paid days off and paid holidays
HealthFirstBluegrass Inc., a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), provides a myriad of high-quality culturally and linguistically appropriate services to diverse and low-income populations throughout Lexington KY. We provide medical, dental, pharmaceutical, mental health, integrated health services, family and social services, and health education for all age groups. We are committed to ensuring the human right of accessible primary medical care through advocacy and community empowerment. We are currently seeking a IT Support Specialist II. This position will be located at our Southland Drive location.
The IT Specialist II position will support server, network, and workstation devices as well as software used across the organization. Project management for IT related activities, and development of system infrastructure to support organizational objectives.
Essential Job Functions:
· Administration of server, network, and VoIP technology resources.
· Troubleshooting of computers, peripherals and software problems.
· Knowledge of desktop and laptop hardware and software including Microsoft Windows 7, 8, and 10.
· VMware support and maintenance.
· Networking installation and troubleshooting, including RDP functionality, Meraki wireless access points, ability to install and terminate CAT5e/6 cabling and workstation network issues.
· Active Directory support, including DNS, DHCP, group policy, and printer server management.
· Support of Microsoft Office 365, Azure, SharePoint, OneDrive, and other Microsoft cloud products.
· Working with 3rd-party IT vendors in support roles for projects, maintenance activities, and software support for all information technology resources.
· Use of help desk, inventory management, and patch management software for tracking, prioritizing, and resolving technology and system issues
· Management of security resources, including anti-virus, email protection, phishing software, and access control.
· Willingness to further educate yourself to improve our IT department services.
· Maintain confidentiality, integrity, availability of patient information per guidance from HIPAA.
· Other duties as assigned.
- The ability to troubleshoot and problem solve complex IT problems.
- Willing to learn and educate self on new technologies and systems in place at our organization.
- Must complete a relevant certification in information technology subject within 1 year of hire or equivalent education as determined by the IT supervisor.
Education: BSc/BA in computer science, information technology, networking or related field of study or applicable work experience in the field of information technology.
Experience: 2+ years of experience in network, server, and/or hardware support or experience in a related information technology field.
Preferred candidates would have work experience in server, network, VMWare, and/or workstation support.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Familiarity with standard concepts, practices and procedures within health care.
- The ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and climb or balance.
- Demonstrated maturity and understanding of the essential need to maintain confidentiality of patient and organizational information per HIPAA requirements.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize projects, work relatively independently, manage multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
HealthFirst Bluegrass Inc. is also recognized by the National Committee on Quality Assurance as a Patient Centered Medical Home. This recognition was achieved by demonstrating that systems and processes are in place to meet nationally recognized standards for delivering high quality care and demonstrating a commitment to improving patient access, patient experience, and continuous quality improvement.
HealthFirst Bluegrass Inc. is committed to the maintaining a work environment that is "employee friendly" to assure the organization's ability to recruit and maintain excellent employees. Currently, the organization offers competitive salaries for positions as well as a very good benefit package.
For more information about HealthFirst Bluegrass Inc. please visit www.healthfirstlex.com.
HealthFirst Bluegrass is an Equal Opportunity Employer.