This position is full-time position for 46 weeks per year and follows the Fayette County Public School's calendar. Benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k) are available.
HealthFirst Bluegrass Inc., a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), provides a myriad of high-quality culturally and linguistically appropriate services to diverse and low-income populations throughout Lexington KY. We provide medical, dental, pharmaceutical, behavioral health, family and social services, and health education for all age groups. We are committed to ensuring the human right of accessible primary medical care through advocacy and community empowerment. We are currently seeking a customer service oriented, bilingual School Based Clinic (SBC) Health Services Clerk. This position will be located at our new clinic at Lexington Traditional Magnet School.
Provides administrative support to department’s clinical/community program operations. Examples of work include: schedules patient appointments; greets patients/clients; conducts patient/client interviews, determines patients’ clients’ financial status; routes patients/clients; completes registration forms; prepares and maintains patient/client health record; collects service fees and processes patient bills; conducts community outreach activities, and makes referrals according to program procedures. If bi-lingual required, incumbent must be able to communicate effectively in a defined non-English language with staff and patients/clients as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as patient/client receptionist. Greet patients, initiates and distribute appropriate forms and answer telephone and channel calls to the appropriate staff; or take accurate messages
- Accurately maintain patient appointment system. Verify patient/client appointments, schedule initial and return appointments. Initiate/conduct appointment reminders and document missed appointments
- Coverage of Saturday clinics
- Initiate and maintain patient/client health record according to department/division standards
- Register clients/patients for clinic services/programs by obtaining and verifying required demographic, insurance and financial information including income information to determine eligibility for services/ pay status based on established standards
- Accurately enter patient encounter data (Examples: CPT codes, ICD-9 codes, food voucher data) into computer system
- Collect and process clinical service fees. Including: reconcile daily cash collected with receipts issued, cash drawer, encounter forms or other billing documents, and computer-generated reports; distribute and reconcile WIC vouchers (program specific requirement); forward cash and receipts to Accounting on a daily basis for deposit; and process patient billing information
- Maintain patient tracking/referral notification system(s) (program specific requirement).
- Conduct community outreach activities which may include working with community groups and home visits (program specific requirement)
- Maintain positive and professional relationship with contracting organizations including Fayette County Public Schools
- Exhibit flexibility of work place to best cover both school clinics and main HealthFirst Bluegrass Inc. needs
- Responsible for basic first aid following FCPS protocols
- Handle referrals and prior authorizations at direction of providers
- Responsible for entering immunization, medical histories into EMR record
- Responsible for entering immunizations into Infinite Campus FCPS system
- Communicates regularly with FCPS teaching staff, principal and guidance teams
- Rooms patients and does vitals for providers when nurse unavailable.
- Translates for providers and nurses if bilingual
- Answers all phone calls and does phone notes in EMR for staff
- Responsible for calling or physically retrieving students for dental clinics, BH staff, APRNs and RNs schedules
JOB REQUIREMENTS and QUALIFICATIONS
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school graduate (or GED) and 1 year experience in a general clerical or clinical setting which has been in the performance of responsible clerical/clinical duties including accurate data entry, or an equivalent combination of related training and experience. If incumbent assists with outreach activities, must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and have reliable personal transportation in order to conduct daily outreach activities.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS This position requires effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and intermediate computer literacy. Also:
· Knowledge of current economic social, environmental and health related clients/patients concerns
· If bi-lingual required, incumbent must be able to communicate effectively in a defined non-English language with patients/clients as needed
· Knowledge of physician office practice operations
· Ability to operate basic office equipment such as keyboard, copier, adding machine, and printers
· Ability to communicate in a positive and effective manner with the public and project a positive image of the division and the agency
· Ability to communicate in a positive and effective manner with supervisors and co-workers to accomplish agency objectives and goals
· Ability to maintain clients/patients confidentiality
Must possess the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Incumbent must possess the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. If bi-lingual required, incumbent must effectively present information in English and a defined non-English language(s) and respond to questions from English and non-English speaking clients, customers, and the general public as needed.
HealthFirst Bluegrass Inc. is also recognized by the National Committee on Quality Assurance as a Patient Centered Medical Home. This recognition was achieved by demonstrating that systems and processes are in place to meet nationally recognized standards for delivering high quality care and demonstrating a commitment to improving patient access, patient experience, and continuous quality improvement.
HealthFirst Bluegrass Inc. is committed to the maintaining a work environment that is "employee friendly" to assure the organization's ability to recruit and maintain excellent employees. Currently, the organization offers competitive salaries for positions as well as a very good benefit package.
For more information about HealthFirst Bluegrass Inc. please visit www.healthfirstlex.com.
HealthFirst Bluegrass is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
HealthFirst Bluegrass Inc.
Why Work Here?HealthFirst Bluegrass Inc. is designated as a Federally Qualified Community Health Center (FQHC) by the United States Health Resources and Services Administration. The center provides Medical, Behavioral Health, Pharmacy and Dental services for patients. There are 3 main clinic sites, 7 school-based clinic sites, a homeless clinic, and a Dental only clinic site. All sites are located in Lexington, Kentucky. HealthFirst Bluegrass Inc. is also recognized by the National Committee on Quality Assurance as a Patient Centered Medical Home. This recognition was achieved by demonstrating that systems and processes are in place to meet nationally recognized standards for delivering high quality care and demonstrating a commitment to improving patient access, patient experience, and continuous quality improvement. HealthFirst Bluegrass Inc. is committed to the maintaining a work environment that is "employee friendly" to assure the organization's ability to recruit and maintain excellent employees. Currently, the organization offers competitive salaries for positions as well as a very good benefit package. For more information about HealthFirst Bluegrass Inc. please visit www.healthfirstlex.com. HealthFirst Bluegrass is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our mission -- "Enhancing quality of life through transformative healthcare for all"