This is a full-time job with benefits including health, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k, paid days off and paid holidays
HealthFirstBluegrass Inc., a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), provides a myriad of high-quality culturally and linguistically appropriate services to diverse and low-income populations throughout Lexington KY. We provide medical, dental, pharmaceutical, mental health, integrated health services, family and social services, and health education for all age groups. We are committed to ensuring the human right of accessible primary medical care through advocacy and community empowerment. We are currently seeking a Health Services Clerk, Bilingual required. This position is located in the Adult Health clinic at our Southland Drive location. Saturday hours are required and the ability to work until 6:00 pm at least 2 - 3 days week.
The primary responsibilities are to assist health professionals with examinations, assist with clinical procedures, perform limited lab tests, answer incoming calls, schedule appointments, check clients in and out, pull and file charts, enter data into computers, assist with reports, and data entry. Duties may vary depending on which clinics or providers the position is assigned to. Clerk will need to cover our busy front desk for Southland Adult and Women’s Health. Bilingual required and must be able to work until 6 pm at least 2-3 days/week with rotational weekends.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
· Act as patient/client receptionist. Greet patients, initiates and distributes appropriate forms
· Register clients/patients for clinic services/programs by obtaining and verifying required demographic, insurance and financial information including income information to determine eligibility for services/ pay status based on established standards
· Schedule initial and return appointments
· Process patient records, maintains patient flow during clinic sessions
· Assemble various forms required by program and service standards to record client information and services rendered to establish a medical record
· Operate a computer terminal to enter, store and retrieve information; compile records; and report routine statistical information
· File charts, master cards and reports. Assist with archiving of charts
· Collect and processes clinical service fees. Including: reconcile daily cash collected with receipts issued, cash drawer, encounter forms or other billing documents, and computer-generated reports; forward cash and receipts to Accounting on a daily basis for deposit; and process patient billing information
· Requisition, control and monitor inventory levels of supplies and materials and maintain files, records and laboratory logs
· Stock exam rooms as needed
· Answer telephone, provides information, take messages, greet the public and direct them to office locations for service or assistance
JOB REQUIREMENTS and QUALIFICATIONS
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school graduation or GED; no previous training/no previous experience required; will provide on-the-job training. Background check required prior to hiring.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS
This position requires effective oral and written communication skills (bilingual, English/Spanish, skills proficiency), excellent interpersonal skills, and basic computer literacy.
· Knowledge of current economic social, environmental and health related clients/patients concerns
· Knowledge of physician office practice operations
· Ability to operate basic office equipment such as keyboard, copier, adding machine, and printers
· Ability to communicate in a positive and effective manner with the public and project a positive image of the division and the agency
· Ability to communicate in a positive and effective manner with supervisors and co-workers to accomplish agency objectives and goals
· Ability to maintain clients/patients confidentiality
HealthFirst Bluegrass Inc. is also recognized by the National Committee on Quality Assurance as a Patient Centered Medical Home. This recognition was achieved by demonstrating that systems and processes are in place to meet nationally recognized standards for delivering high quality care and demonstrating a commitment to improving patient access, patient experience, and continuous quality improvement.
HealthFirst Bluegrass Inc. is committed to the maintaining a work environment that is "employee friendly" to assure the organization's ability to recruit and maintain excellent employees. Currently, the organization offers competitive salaries for positions as well as a very good benefit package.
For more information about HealthFirst Bluegrass Inc. please visit www.healthfirstlex.com.
HealthFirst Bluegrass is an Equal Opportunity Employer.