Behavioral Health Therapist / School Based Clinics / Summer's Off!
HealthFirst Bluegrass Inc. Lexington, KY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This position comes with generous health insurance options, paid time off, dental insurance, 401(k), 401(k) matching, vision insurance, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, employer paid short term and long term disability, flexible spending account, employee assistance program!
HealthFirst Bluegrass Inc., a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), provides a myriad of high-quality culturally and linguistically appropriate services to diverse populations throughout Lexington KY. We provide medical, dental, pharmaceutical, mental health, integrated health services, family and social services, and health education for all age groups. We are committed to ensuring the human right of accessible primary medical care through advocacy and community empowerment. We are currently looking for two Behavioral Health Therapist to serve in our school-based clinics.
HealthFirst Bluegrass Inc. is committed to the maintaining a work environment that is "employee friendly" to assure the organization's ability to recruit and maintain excellent employees. Currently, the organization offers competitive salaries for positions as well as a very good benefit package.
This position provides Behavioral Health consultation to children, adolescents, adults and families in order to improve psychosocial functioning.
- Incumbent works 46-50 weeks out of the year (summers off!)
- Bi-lingual skills preferred! Must be proficient in English and Spanish to successfully pass a language assessment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide comprehensive assessment and diagnosis of patients seeking behavioral health treatment.
- Develop effective treatment plans, that include specific goals to be met and timeline for meeting goals
- Assist clients in achieving established self-management goals
- Evaluate crisis situations and apply appropriate interventions or referrals if needed
- Actively participate in meetings that support an integrated Medical/Mental Health care model to provide comprehensive care for clients
- Assist in the detection of “at risk” patients and development of plans to prevent further psychological or physical deterioration.
- Assist in the management of chronic disease by working with patients in self-management of chronic diseases
- Refer patients for other treatment when objective progress in patient’s condition cannot be documented
- Work closely with teachers, school administrators, guidance counselors, and other Fayette County Public School System employees when warranted
- Complete all Fayette County Public School requirements (background check, referral pathway, behavior on school property, etc.)
- Provide trainings for staff and/or families on Behavioral Health issues as needed
- Must comply with HIPAA, HITECH, and Part II regulations.
- Participate in quality improvement documentation, including the use of symptom rating scales and peer review evaluations, as necessary
- Meet HealthFIRST Bluegrass Inc. productivity and quality standards
- Other duties as assigned
JOB REQUIREMENTS and QUALIFICATIONS
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· Must be licensed to practice independently in the state of Kentucky (LCSW, PhD, PsyD, or equivalent)
· Must maintain compliance with licensure board continuing education requirements.
Integrated medical care model experience preferred
HealthFirst Bluegrass Inc. is also recognized by the National Committee on Quality Assurance as a Patient Centered Medical Home. This recognition was achieved by demonstrating that systems and processes are in place to meet nationally recognized standards for delivering high quality care and demonstrating a commitment to improving patient access, patient experience, and continuous quality improvement.
For more information about HealthFirst Bluegrass Inc. please visit www.healthfirstlex.com.
HealthFirst Bluegrass is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
HealthFirst Bluegrass Inc.Why Work Here?
Our mission -- "Enhancing quality of life through transformative healthcare for all"
HealthFirst Bluegrass Inc. is designated as a Federally Qualified Community Health Center (FQHC) by the United States Health Resources and Services Administration. The center provides Medical, Behavioral Health, Pharmacy and Dental services for patients. All sites are located in Lexington, Kentucky. HealthFirst Bluegrass Inc. is also recognized by the National Committee on Quality Assurance as a Patient Centered Medical Home. This recognition was achieved by demonstrating that systems and processes are in place to meet nationally recognized standards for delivering high quality care and demonstrating a commitment to improving patient access, patient experience, and continuous quality improvement. For more information about HealthFirst Bluegrass Inc. please visit www.healthfirstlex.com. HealthFirst Bluegrass is an Equal Opportunity Employer.