- Over a month ago
HealthCore Clinic is looking for full time Medical Assistants.
Full time hours are Monday thru Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm
The Medical Assistant is responsible for performing routine administrative tasks to assist the Providers and other health practitioners with patient care to ensure quality and efficiency. In addition to administrative duties, Medical Assistants perform routine and some non – routine clinical duties in accordance to state law under the direction of the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN).
Qualifications and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant program with current registration or certification maintained.
- One (1) year of previous experience in a medical assistant role highly preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding and proficiency of medical terminology.
- Ability to communicate effectively with vulnerable populations including those made vulnerable by their financial status, personality characteristics, place of residence, health status and/or age.
- Positive, friendly and professional demeanor with excellent interpersonal skills and comfortable in carrying out clinical responsibilities while providing direct patient care.
- Strong computer literacy, office skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and time management skills.
- Escort patients from waiting areas to exam room and prepares them to be seen by a Provider.
- Obtain patient history, vitals, weight, smoking status and other screenings.
- Review patient medications and allergies and enter into Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
- Document in EMR all medication administered including name, dose, NDC and route.
- Prepare and administer treatment as ordered by HCC Providers including but not limited to vaccines and immunizations, venipuncture urine specimens and hearing and vision screenings.
- Document all patient encounters, phone calls and treatments in EMR.
- Organize and set up exam rooms in preparation for patients and Provider services.
- Perform procedures in compliance with the Exposure Control Plan including the use of Personal Protective Equipment and Universal Precautions.
- Clean and stock exam rooms after each patient visit.
- Clean and sterilize instruments.
- Calls patients on lab results and answers any questions.
- Comply with all applicable federal, state, local and clinic rules, regulations, protocols and procedures.
- Return all patient phone calls, lobby visits, faxes or questions in a timely manner by the end of the day they were presented.
- Place calls to other doctors’ offices requesting appointment details as needed.
- Attend and participate as a team member on at least one HCC quality team initiative team such as quality improvement, safety, and/or employee recognition teams.
- Participate in appropriate health promotion/disease prevention activities both on-site and off-site as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
HealthCore Clinic is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?