This role provides skilled nursing assessment and nursing care to all patients at Company by using the nursing process. He/she supervises LVNs and medical assistants to assure that competent and high-quality care is delivered.
- Demonstrates effective communication and problem-solving skills.
- Supports the mission, vision, values, and strategy of the Company by providing excellent patient-centered treatment, care, and services.
- Coordinates duties with Providers, RNs, Director of Operations (DOO), Center Managers, Quality Assurance staff, and Senior Leadership.
- Communicates skillfully with all center visitors, patients, and staff using therapeutic communication principles and techniques to establish and maintain collaborative relationships with all Company employees and community partners.
- Educates patients regarding condition-specific treatment plans and self-care as prescribed by the provider.
- Assigns appropriate tasks to Medical Assistants (MA) and other support staff
- Clinically trains, orients, and supervises MAs and other patient care staff in collaboration with trainers to measure skill and competency.
- Supervises LVN’s functioning in the role of Nursing Care Coordinator I
- May provide feedback to Center Manager, BOS, and/or DON for employee performance evaluations and corrective actions.
- May independently see patients on the team schedule according to established protocols or in collaboration with other clinicians
- Performs basic assessment by collecting and documenting subjective and objective patient data. Recognizes problems or abnormal conditions specific to the patient.
- Reports all abnormal findings to the provider
- Participates in planning, implementing, and contributes to the evaluation of individualized patient care interventions by the care plan or treatment plan prepared by licensed providers and/or RNs.
- Supports general health center maintenance activities to assure compliance with patient safety, infection control, quality assurance, mandated reporting, consent, and confidentiality policies/procedures.
- Attends designated meetings, participates in assigned committees and task forces,
- Assists in the development and implementation of nursing and patient care services, policies and procedures
- Performs triage, individualized care plans, care coordination, and direct nursing care using the Nursing Process of assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation, and evaluation.
- Participates in the development and implementation of standardized nursing protocols and guidelines for independent nurse-delivered care.
- Proactively assumes responsibility for continuous improvement activities and is receptive to accepting other job duties as assigned and as delegated.
- Knowledge of Clinical back office procedures.
- Ability to communicate skillfully, handle multiple priorities, maintain a warm and friendly demeanor, perform nursing duties, be flexible, innovative, focus on results, and travel frequently or as required.
- Skills in teamwork, excellent communication, data entry, computer applications, and electronic health records.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Active California RN license
- Current American Heart Association” BLS for Healthcare Providers” certification
- Previous ambulatory care work experience desired.